Chapter Thirteen

"Aw, no way! That's amazing!" I exclaimed while hugging her.

"Yes, I know. I think it's amazing too, I'm just afraid Kian won't." That's probably why Victoria looked so upset and concerned.

"He will be so happy, trust me. How did you find out?"

"I wasn't feeling well, so I went to the pack doctor. That's when I found out. Mack...I'm having twins."

"YAY! That's so cool!"

"What's so cool?" Winston asked walking down the stairs. I looked at Victoria for approval, she nodded.

"Okay Winston come here!" I said motioning Winston over. He walked over to us and sat on the coffee table in front of the couch we were sitting on. "Victoria is pregnant...with twins!"

"Whoa no way!" He half shouted "A twin having twins...whoooooaaaa." We laughed at Winston's response, he was so confused yet excited. "Does Kian know?"

"Do I know what?" Kian questioned while walking through the front door, Starbucks in hand.

"No, not yet." Victoria whispered urgently.

"Oh you know, that umm...." Winston started, then he looked at me and the mark on my neck. "Um that Mackenzie is marked!"

"Whoa way cool!" Kian said while handing me a Frappuccino. "So you're like fully claimed now?" I nodded while sipping on my drink. I gave Victoria the you-better-tell-him-now look.

"Kian, can I tell you something?" Victoria whispered while standing up.
"Uh, yeah are you okay?" He replied caution in his tone.

"Yes I'm fine. Let's talk over there." She motion towards the kitchen. She started to walk over there and Kian followed close behind. Winston and I tried to not stare at the couple speaking, but we couldn't help it. I saw Victoria nervously twiddle with her fingers then speak. Kian stood there for a moment then picked Victoria up in a big hug.

"I'm going to be a dad? I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!" Kian shouted in pure excitement lifting Victoria up in another hug.

"Hey Mack," Winston said while tapping my shoulder "can we try and find my mate today? If we don't find her I have to leave and I don't want to do that. I want to be here with you guys and I want to have something like that." He motioned towards Victoria and Kian hugging in the kitchen.

"Yes, I will have Caspar line up all the mate-less woman in the pack so you can find her."

"Thanks, Mack!" He exclaimed while lightly hugging me.

'Caspar, I need a favor.' I mind linked to Caspar.

'Yes, Luna. What can I do for you?' He replied almost instantaneously.

'Line up all the mate-less woman in the pack for Winston.'

'Yes, Luna.'

Winston and I walked into the clearing where Caspar was gathering all the women. Kian and Victoria were following us not to far behind, they were discussing baby names. Quite a few women haven't found their mates yet, that's got to be lonely. There were girls of every skin tone and hair color. "I-I can smell her! Mack, she's here!" Winston said while rushing towards the girls. He seemed so sure of himself, he walked passed at least five disappointed girls.
He stopped in front of fiery red headed girl with light blue-green eyes. "Mate!" He declared with a chuckle. "I found my mate! Mack, can you believe it?" I nodded from afar and tried to motion his towards her. I mouthed 'talk to her', hopefully he got the hint. "What's your name?"

"P-Poppy, my mom named me after her favorite flower." The girl answered her face turning bright red like her hair.

"I'm Winston." He said while flashing his signature smirk. Woohoo! Now Winston can stay in the pack! This is awesome! "Would you like to talk somewhere?" He said awkwardly. She nodded and they started walking away from the clearing. I turned towards Kian and Victoria who were now arguing about middle names.

"If they are girls, one of their middle names must be Marie and the other is going to be Siena!" Victoria protested.

"If you pick middle names I choose their first names!" Kian announced.

"Oh no, never. We cannot name our kids Amanda or Samantha! I hate those names!" She cried.

"Come on guys, don't argue about names! You'll know when they are born." I reasoned with them.

"I guess she's right." Kian said, "We shouldn't fight about it."

"Fine." Victoria crossed her arms and started stomping away. Kian shrugged and jogged to catch up with her. The other girls were being shooed out of the clearing, soon enough I was alone. I walked back to the lake where Grayson and I hung out yesterday. I sat at the waters edge and threw rocks into the crystal clear liquid. Watching the rock cause a ripple in the otherwise motionless water. Just then I felt someone put a cloth over my mouth and you know when someone does that, it's not ending well.

I was overcome by darkness, someone was carrying me. Their scent was unrecognizable.

"Hey Salem, what happens if she wakes up and tries to run away?" A voice said.

"That won't be happening, Edgar. I injected her with liquid silver." A gruff sounding voice said from above.

"Be more careful when carrying her. You are being too rough, she's bruising and she won't heal fast because of the liquid silver." The man recognized as Edgar ordered. "We don't want the boss to hit us for her being bruised. Let me carry her." I was passed off to Edgar who carried me much nicer than Salem did.

I was carried not much longer until we were at a stop. I woke up in a cell, my ankle was chained to the wall. The ankle brace was silver which burned my skin, I winced in pain. A guard standing outside my cell noticed it.

"Hey! She's awake!" The voice was familiar. That was Edgar, he looked Hispanic. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Edgar looked at me and put his head by the bars. "How are you feeling?" He asked, I ignored him and glared.

"Edgar, what the hell?! Why are you talking to her, we aren't supposed to do that." Another familiar voice. Salem. He had dirty blonde hair and gray eyes. They both looked very muscular. "The boss is coming." I want to meet this so called boss of theirs, who ordered them to capture me. I heard foot steps coming towards me.

The two men in front of my cell bowed their head, Edgar turned towards the cell and unlocked it. The man walked in, and at first he was just a shadow. Then a face formed and I couldn't believe it. I gasped at the realization.
"Hello, little sister."