Once, decades in the past, the old ones were destroyed. The new ones were few, a small group rising to create a replica of what they had lost. Forced to rise, young yet made to struggle. And for what? It was not evil which had destroyed the old ones. Simply, it was fate.

In the small group remaining, a disagreement of belief arose. Half believed light laid beyond death, that destiny was arranged by thought. By something so benevolent, yet so malicious. A force symbolized by the lights of space, the lights of the worlds uncountable miles away.

The group was split. The non-believers ruled what became the new four.

By now, the fate of the believers is unknown. Some say they have created their own nation, yet it is something fresh eyes never will see.

And yet, my eyes will solve this. They had spent my time thinking, about the massacre. Desperately trying to analyze the destruction of their life. And yet, in doing so they were slowly killing themself. But it was endless, their was no way to silence the loop of anxiety in their head. And so they simply let it scream.

Perhaps Pebblestar was influenced by some God. Or perhaps what brought him to do this was simply his own delusional psychology. Pain, trauma may have brought him to do so. No, likely, it was not pain. It was him. His own empty mind and vicious madness were simply pushing him forward, but his pain did not do it, his fury did not do it. He did it.

And, perhaps I am the same.

It's amusing, the way Silentdawn shows guilt. She doesn't know that I have sided with the ones who follow the steps of fate, and for them I have brought death.

-

That day had felt as though it'd gone on for several weeks. The sky was finally beginning to shift in colour, fading from pale blue to gold. The usually peaceful atmosphere of a sunset felt menacing. It's evening. Why haven't they come yet? Or am I supposed to look for them? Silentdawn thought.

The same apprehensive thoughts had been playing in her head all day, over and over again. Painful as they were, at least they differed from her usual nightmares. I wonder, do you realize what our actions have brought, that we will have to raise a child in this world of nothing? If you wish to leave me...is that why?

No...

Silentdawn found herself shaking, feeling tears begin to form in her eyes. Damn you, Stormray. Don't you dare leave me. Don't you dare abandon me, the way everyone always does. 

She stared down at the ground, lost in a whirl of confused thought, only to be suddenly shocked by a piercing scream. She sat upright suddenly, only to sink back down again with apathy. She didn't care, anymore. It seemed her loyalty and love to others never stayed, and neither did there's.

"Iskra!" a voice cried, through the piercing screams. Hearing that name only strengthened Silentdawn's apathy.

"Someone, help her! Get her to a medic, now!" another yelled. The screams of anguish did not stop, reaching heights and pitches she felt couldn't even be possible. The horrible thoughts rising as she heard those indescribable screams of agony brought her further away, hiding at the back of the den. Digging her claws into her ears until they hurt so she wouldn't have to hear, so she wouldn't have to be reminded.

Why am I doing this? Why am I not helping? She asked herself. Deep down, she despised herself for what she was doing right now. She was doing the wrong thing. And yet, she couldn't bring herself not to, a mental barrier was blocking her.

She stayed still, not moving, her ears possibly bleeding from how forcefully she covered them to avoid the screams. After some time, the wailing and screeching finally died down.