2

If Shoto Todoroki was being completely honest with himself, maybe he should've gone with Bakugo and the others to Sashinami Mall. Though he would've preferred to hang out with Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka, going with the 'Bakusquad,' as Mina would call themselves, wouldn't be all too bad.

The main reason he wanted to go in the first place was because his mother was coming home today. After his father had sent him and his siblings to live in a new house, he told them it wouldn't be long before their mother was discharged as well. The statement made them all a little bit excited, and more so Natsuo at the thought of getting to stay away from Endeavor.

Shoto didn't blame him. After all, he himself still hasn't forgiven his father just yet. Though he could see that he was trying to be better, a couple of good deeds couldn't erase years worth of trauma. But he stood by his statement. He just had to watch his father's actions first.

Slurping on some cold soba noodles, Shoto scrolled through previous messages between him and his mother. When her release date was getting closer, the hospital went slack on her restrictions, and they allowed her to have her phone on top of the TV in her room. Since then, Rei excitedly talked to her children on what they could do once she came home.

Maybe if Shoto went to Sashinami mall, he could've gotten his mother a welcome home gift.

"Hey Shoto, you almost finished there?"

Turning his head, the boy glanced at the girl peeking out of the kitchen doorway. Fuyumi Todoroki rose an eyebrow, the smile still present on her face as she began to unwrap the apron from around her body.

"How's the soba?" she asked.

"It's good," Shoto said.

Fuyumi nodded. "That's good. Well, make sure to hurry up and finish. We're picking up mom in a little bit, so be ready once you're done."

"Sure."

With that, the woman disappeared into the kitchen, and Shoto set his phone down before turning on the TV. Just as he was about to take another bite, his eyes widened. On the screen was a news reporter, a dampened and concerned look on her face as she talked about what was going on. But that wasn't what shocked him. Behind her was a dark, scorched building with rubble stacked around it. A building that was once the Hero Public Safety Commission.

"It is unknown whether there were survivors of the attack. While the heroes continue to put out fires in the building, the police have sealed off the city in search for the attacker who is still at large."

Chopsticks dropping from his hand, Shoto slowly stood up, eyes still trained on the TV.

"For now, those who live in the Tokyo district, please be advised to remain in your homes and keep off the streets. Additionally, a national curfew has been issued by the government for 8:00 p.m. For more information, please visit the website shown below."

"What?!"

During the announcement, Fuyumi at some point came out of the kitchen. She had a hand over her mouth in shock as she looked at the destruction in central Tokyo. Quickly, she took out her phone to try and call someone. When there was no answer, she let out a frustrated groan.

"Come on, Natsu! Pick up!"

Shoto worriedly glanced towards his phone. He'd almost forgotten. Natsuo went out earlier with his friends somewhere in the city, and he hasn't come back. Not only that, but their mother was at one of the hospitals in Tokyo too. Almost unconsciously, he picked it up, hands going over towards his mom contact and opening it.

'Are you okay?' he typed.

He waited for a few minutes. No response.

"Oh, look!"