5

"Everyone! You need to go, now!" Midnight shouted to the surrounding civilians.

Aizawa broke off into a sprint towards his opponents. The figure dashed toward him, and it launched itself into the air before tackling the teacher to the ground.

It growled and snapped at his face, and Aizawa gritted his teeth as he fought to push it away. Using the knife around his belt, he slashed at the creature's face before kicking it off him. It screeched as it fell back. While Aizawa pushed himself up, the creature twisted and scrambled and met the man halfway. Just as it was about to tackle him again, a bright red trailed in its direction and encased the creature in a crimson prison.

"Aizawa, what are these things?!" Vlad King yelled out when he stopped next to him.

The black-haired teacher's gaze remained on the rest of the other creatures, his hands gripping tightly around his blade's hilt. "I don't know, but we need to buy the civilians enough time to get to U.A.!"

At that moment, a few other teachers appeared at their sides, including both Yamada and Kayama. They both briefly glanced at their friend, then to the enemies that lined the front. With hardened hearts and blazing wills, the teachers all attacked their own groups of infected. Aizawa and Yamada ran closely together before they were separated.

Aizawa's teeth gritted as he fought quicker and harder as time progressed. With the surrounding cities burning and the other heroes either gone or busy trying to deal with the situation, he and the rest of the U.A. staff were the only ones that stood between the infected and the utter devastation of one of the only highly protected shelters in the East. They needed to do everything they could to keep the infected from reaching U.A.

However, the thought soon crumbled when Aizawa heard a scream. Wrapping his scarf around another creature, he swung it around until it met the pavement and his knife before he quickly looked up.

One of the U.A. teachers cried out as they caved under the weight of multiple infected. His hand shot out in an effort to move, but it did nothing, and it only signaled his demise as it soon disappeared under the crowding figures. Aizawa's eyes widened, but before he could even do anything about it, some of them already moved to their next victim. Him.

His teeth gritted as the grip on both his blade and scarf tightened. He jumped back as they screeched and attempted to tackle him, and he kicked with his foot as one of them got too close. Aizawa shot his scarf out and wrapped it around one of the other attackers before he used them like a ragdoll and bulldozed them into the others.

They screeched as they all crashed against a car. Immediately, Aizawa's scarf then wrapped around them. They all violently thrashed against the bindings, all making snapping motions with their jaws toward the man as he got closer, but it did nothing, only to make his face twist into something unreadable.

Whatever, or whoever, these people were before they got infected, they didn't exist anymore. They were just mindless zombies, almost like the ones he's seen in movies, ready to attack anyone they see or hear. As much as he hated it, Aizawa couldn't dwell on a cure right now, which meant he couldn't wait. He only had one job and one job only. Protect the people. He didn't have time to hesitate.

Raising his blade, Aizawa brought it down repeatedly. One by one the attackers fell, and with each stab to the head, so did the screeching. Just as one remained struggling, rapid footsteps thudded against the car hoods, and Aizawa quickly looked back and threw several shurikens in the direction of the sound.

Two more infected fell limply to the ground. Turning back, the teacher immediately took care of the one in his grasp before running to help his other colleagues. Just as one of them was about to be attacked from behind, Aizawa ran full speed and threw his blade at the infected. The weapon sunk into its head with a sickening crunch before it fell against the other teacher.