Chapter 3: Let's Dance

As the fire continues to crackle and burn, you all find yourselves becoming tired and sleepy, so everyone decides to call it a day and rest for the night.

The next day passes, and you are awoken by the noise of someone moving around near where you are sleeping. At first, your eyes slowly open as the curse of fatigue is still upon you. But, luckily, it quickly fades and you become alert. You stay still, and soon notice everyone's still asleep. As you feign sleep, you try to get a good look at the creature nearby. It looks... human, almost. You soon realise it's looking through everyone's belongings. Originally, when you woke up, it was looking through Kris' stuff, but it must've finished, because now it's looking through Ralsei's stuff, who's still asleep next to you. Now, that this stranger is nearby, you can get a good look at them.

They seem to be wearing dark, reddish clothes. He has a small, messy beard, and messy dark black hair. He's got multiple scars on his face; seems like he's been through a lot of fights. They also have an odd tail, with a hand on the end of it. Weird. Oh, and they've got Kris' sword. Guess I should've said that first, huh?

The stranger finishes looking through Ralsei's stuff, not taking anything. They then decide to move to the next person. YOU. As they get closer, you shut your eyes tightly so they don't know that you're awake. You feel them rummaging through your pockets, and they feel the grenade you have. As they take it, you hear them say something.

"Ooh? What's this? Somethin' this good would sell for a good price, I reckon," 

Their voice sounds deep and rough, and you assume they're male. Not wanting for one of your things to be stolen, you open your eyes and grab the mysterious strangers. Before they can think, you've shoved them onto the ground besides you and hold them on the ground.

"Hey, H-hold on for a sec!" They say.

Seems like they've got an accent, you think to yourself.

"What d'you want?" You ask them. "Who are you?" 

The stranger gulps, and (reluctantly) begins to talk.

"M-my names Samuel, or 'Sam'. I'm a thief, as you can see.. I used to be a farmer, ya see.. but when The King took over, he forced me as well as the other farmer's to fight for him and join his army, but o' course, I didn't want nothin' to do with that stupid army. So I left and became a thief. Gotta make money somewhere, amiright?" He says, with a nervous laugh.

"Hmph," you say. "Alright, so you plan to sell the sword and my grenade, right?"

Sam looks a bit shocked, and looks at the grenade, which he dropped beside him when you grabbed him.

"So that's what that things called? Uh... yeah, I was gonna sell it, but you can keep it if you want.. no hard feelings, right?"

You ignore him, and continue questioning him. "What about the sword?" You ask.

"Oh.. that. Well, I wasn't gonna sell it, believe me.. I was.. just gonna take it, y'know? My dad used to teach me how to be a samurai when I was younger. I never really liked it, though, but I was good at it. Really good. And I thought, well, if anyone's stupid enough to attack me, I'll slice back, y'know? And yeah, the swords not really one suited for a samurai, but it'll do, for now."

You become serious for a second. "No it won't. Because I'm not letting you take it,"

Sam scoffs. "Heh, really, then? I'd like to see you try,"

He suddenly kicks you upwards, off of him. Then, he grabs Kris' sword, and your grenade. Then, wielding Kris' sword, he says confidently 2 words.

"Let's Dance!"

(Credits to Jamie Christopherson and Konami)

As Sam says those words, he rushes towards you at blistering speed, holding Kris' sword in hand. You hardly have any time to block before he slashes a hit at you. Luckily, you manage to just block it. You retaliate, swinging a right hook at his jaw. However, he dodges.

Such speed... you think. How the hell am I gonna get back Kris' sword? Sam jumps back slightly. You look at him, confused.

"What? You scared, or something?"

Sam smiles and chuckles. "Heh. No, why would I?"

You get a bit annoyed at his remark. Sam stops smiling.

"Oh, don't give me that. I'm not saying you're bad at what fighting, you just need to... refine your skills. Anyway, I have a question; what's your name?"

You look at him, then sigh. "Well, I suppose I should tell you my name, seeing as you told me yours. My name's Y/N."

Sam's eyebrows raise. "Y/N, huh? Interesting name..." Sam then refocuses on the duel, getting back into a fighting stance.

He waits for you to attack, and you decide to take the chance. Rushing towards him, you attempt to get a good blow in his stomach. He goes to block, but it's too late. Your fist collides with his stomach, and he staggers and moves back slightly. However, he stays on his feet. Looking up at you, he smiles.

"Heh, alright. Guess you're stronger than I thought.." He thinks for a moment, then smiling, he says...

"Show me a good time, Y/N!"