Chapter 22: Dumb Boy

Mina's POV

"So yeah, that's why I was crying earlier," I said after telling Y/N what happened between me and BamBam. I could tell that he wanted to yell at the top of his lungs, but keeping my promise, he stayed quiet while I told him the story.

"I'm going to kill him." Y/N said as calmly as he could, "I'm going to make him regret that he was born!" He shouted, and I covered his mouth, knowing that classes were going on and that I didn't want him to get into trouble.

"Y/N, if you're going to skip class, at least skip quietly." A voice spoke out, and it sounded like Teacher Kim. Looking around and not seeing him, we assumed that he was teaching a class below us. Slapping him on the arm before going back to eating my snack, I could see in the corner of my eye his silly effort to not yell.

"But it's okay now; I have you beside me," I said, reaching over and petting his head, still looking upset. I assured him that nothing like this would happen again; BamBam's reputation is now ruined, and there was no way we could risk doing something like that again, or at least hopefully he's smart enough not to do it again.

"So, what are you going to do now?" He asked, and I looked over at him, wondering what he was talking about. "You got detention now because of that jerk."

"I'll be fine; I got Teacher Kim in charge, and I've seen what detention is like when he's there." continued to pet his head, and he seemed to enjoy it. I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder. "Just make sure you stop by before leaving," I said. He let out a small laugh, and I asked him what was so funny.

"Doesn't that sound like something a boyfriend would do?" He said that, and I stopped petting him, staring into the distance. His question echoed, but after spending this much time with him, I knew what I wanted between us.

"Are you not?" I asked, and I could feel him tensing up.

"I thought you said you were too busy right now to be focusing on a relationship." Turning my head to see his face, he looked more confused now than ever.

"Well, if you don't want to be with me, then it's alright; I'll find someone else." Turning back, I pretended to get up and could tell he was panicking.

"Wait, of course, I want to be with you; what kind of question is that?" Laughing at his reaction, I laid my head back on his shoulder while hugging his arms.

"Then tell me what you'll visit me for before you leave."

"I promise to visit you before I leave," he said, and I smiled to myself. "So we're official?" He asked, and I nodded. He started to huff before it turned into laughter. Asking him again what's so funny, he explains that he's just happy.

"You're my first ever relationship; I have never been with anyone before, and I never expected it to be with someone like you," he said with a big smile on his face.

"You're my first too, so we both have some learning to do. We're going to have difficulties, but let's promise that we'll always remember to work it out together," I said. He nodded and rested his head on top of mine.

"We'll always work things out." Squeezing his arm, I felt loved for once—not the love from friends but from someone special in your life, similar to the love you would feel from a caring parent, not like I felt that love for years.

As I was getting comfortable next to him, the school bell rang, ruining the moment.

"Aish, why did it have to ring right now?" I said, lifting my head and startling Y/N, who agreed and wished that we could've stayed like that longer. Getting up and stretching, I took one last look at the surrounding view before looking back at Y/N.