Chapter 26: Show Night

Y/N's POV:

"Isn't this a bit much for a suit?" I said while awkwardly standing on top of a platform. Glancing over at Sana and Momo, they were looking at the selection of suits the tailor shop had on display while I was being measured by a worker. Having never been to a tailor shop, let alone wear a suit, this was all a new experience for me.

"Well, they need to take your measurements first to be able to make a suit that fits you, Y/N," Sana said while holding up a blue jacket in my direction.

"I know my size, couldn't we just pick one on the rack instead?"

"This is different. A well-fitting suit makes you look more elevated and put together. Not saying you're not put together." Momo said as she walked over to me. She began talking to the worker while explaining their question to me about how I wanted the suit to fit and feel. It was a lot of help, and I was glad that she was here helping me.

"Okay, I think we have enough information to start making your suits. It should be ready within a week or two." Blankly staring at the worker, both me and Momo were stunned by how long it would take. Slowly turning to each other, we gave each other the 'What the fu...' look.

"I'm sorry, but is there any way that you could get it done sooner? I need a suit by tonight." The workers frown and excuse themselves before walking away. Turning back to Momo, she smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"If they can't do it here, we still have time to go somewhere else to get you a suit," she said. Stepping down from the platform, we walked over to Sana, who was still looking at the suit on the wall.

"Done already? How much was it?" Sana happily asked. Giving a forced smile, I was starting to feel a bit disappointed that I might not have enough time before the show.

"I might not be able to get a suit in time."

"Oh, well, there's plenty of shops, and we have lots of time. We can even go to the shop my dad gets his suits from!" Flashing me her usually shining smile. Smiling at her, we started talking about what we should do if I couldn't get a suit here. The girls looked up nearby tailor shops, and Sana called the shop she mentioned her dad goes to.

After waiting for a while and not seeing the worker, we turned to each other with a confused look. We started walking out of the store when they finally came back, but this time holding jackets and pants.

"I'm sorry about leaving all of a sudden, but we have this suit here for a different client who didn't pay, it is the closest to your size. I can make some alterations in a few hours, but it's going to cost more for a rush job." Feeling my disappointment fade away, we agreed on a price and a time to pick it up. Walking over to the counter, I pulled out all the money I'd been saving up, and while counting out the bills, I could see everyone in the corner of my eyes staring at me, including the worker who looked surprised at the amount I had.

"What a relief that can do in like three hours," I said, looking at a nearby street clock and seeing that it was getting close to noon, turning back to the girls who were talking to each other while looking at their phones.

"Are you guys hungry? I'll pay for lunch!" Seeing both their eyes light up at my offer, we started looking up nearby shops to eat. Seeing there was a cafe with great reviews nearby, we made our way over to it. Once we arrived, we ordered our food and chose a spot by the window. Sitting down, they began taking pictures of their food, smiling at them. I took a sip of my drink before looking out the window. Seeing that there was a park across the road, I thought that it would be a great place to relax and hang out while waiting for the suit to be made.

Shifting back to the girls, Momo had already started eating while Sana was on a call, taking a bite of my food. We started talking while Sana looked like her call was getting serious. A few minutes went by, and I was halfway through my lunch when Sana threw her phone into her bag. Seeming frustrated, she calmed herself down before slowly returning to her bubbly self, reaching over to her and placing a hand on hers.