Chapter 25: Invitations

Y/N's POV:

Relaxing on the school's rooftop, I lean over the railing, looking out at the fields. Seeing other students going about their lives. I look back at mine and how the past few months, things have been interesting, especially when I met Mina. our dates, and our little interaction. I sometimes wondered why she chose me, but it didn't matter too much. I was just happy that she did.

Looking down, I spotted her walking with Sana and Momo around the track, smiling to myself. I thought back to the last few days and how things have been better between me and her. She sometimes becomes really shy when I mention our kiss, but other than that, we've been good. We see each other here and there around school, in between class and break time, but she has been stopping by Ms. Hwang after her ballet practice a lot more recently. To eat, or sometimes just sit around to hang out while I work and sometimes she even helps out when it gets busy around dinner hours. I appreciate everything that she has done, from helping to just being here with me. I just wish I could do more for her.

Watching her laugh and have fun, it reminded me of the other night when I met her parents and how happy she looked. My smile grew as I continued to watch her, but then seeing her stop and look up, she pointed in my direction before waving, I looked around to see if there could be someone else she was waving at, but seeing no one, I waved back at her. Seeing her laugh, she gestured for me to come down, giving her a thumb up, I leaned away from the railing and started making my way down.

Getting to the bottom floor I walked outside and saw her sitting at a nearby bench with the girls. Waving at them, I started walking over when Sana and Momo waved back before getting up and leaving together.

"did I interrupt?"

"No, they wanted to go get some snacks before class started again," Mina said. Sitting down next to her, we started talking about each other and how our days had been. "Where were you this morning? I was waiting for you, but then the bell rang."

"Oh, I was late..."

Proceeding to slap my arm and she began scolding me about being late and how I needed to be more responsible. Calming her down while laughing, we went back and forth for a minute before she puffed her cheeks and turned away from me.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Myoui, I will never be late again," I said, bowing my head. looking back up at her, she continued to ignore me, even when move myself in front of her, she would move her head away every time I got close. After a minute of trying I admitted defeat and sat back down, letting out a small laugh. I smile at her.

"Why were you waiting for me anyway?"

Without looking her head, she reached into her jacket and pulled out an envelope, handing it to me, I looked at it for a second before taking it from her. Feeling how thick it was, I thought it was money so I gave it back, and she turned her head with a confused face.

"What do you think you're doing?" She said, looking at the envelope

"I don't want your money."

"It's not money," She said, and opening it, she pulled out slips of black and gold. "It's tickets to the ballet show I'm performing in. There should be enough for you and anybody you want to invite." Placing the tickets in my hand, I look at them and wonder how she managed to get them. I noticed the date for the event and it was this upcoming weekend. Looking back at her, I was about to talk, but she spoke first before I could.

"They're from my dad. it seems like you made a good impression on him the other night for him to give me these to hand to you. Especially with the show only a few days away." Surprised that her dad was inviting me, I didn't know what to say. but with a smile, I leaned in and hugged her.

"Thank you, and tell your dad I said thank you too," I said while holding her, she hugged me back, and I felt something I couldn't describe. Again appreciating everything she has done, I wish I could do more for her. Not didn't want to let go, our moment was quickly ruined by the bell ringing, signaling the end of break time.

Holding on for a few more seconds before letting go of each other, I couldn't help but admire her and without second thought. I quickly leaned in and pecked her lips before jumping up. Watching her face turn red, I smiled while holding out my hand for her. Seeing her stare at me in shock,I giggled at her expression, I reached down and lifting her hand, gently squeezing it before pulling her up to her feet. I watch her cover her face, we began walking together to her class, refusing to look at me even while we held hands. I thought she was being too dramatic, even after the whole school probably knows we're together.

Eventually arriving, we said goodbye while she looked at the ground before quickly turning around and going into her class. Teasing her as she walked away, I waved bye as she sat down at her seat while side-eyeing me, slowly going to my class, pulling out the ticket to look at them, and seeing their ornate designs. I smiled to myself before putting them back in my jacket. Looking back up, I saw Sana and Momo walking in my direction with snacks in their hands, waving at them. I was about to walk right past them when an idea came to mind. Spinning around, I called for them.

"GIRLS"

"Oh my, no need to shout now, we're right here!" Momo said, and I apologize.

"Are guys going to Mina's ballet show?" I asked them, and they both nodded their heads. "Okay, great. Could you help me pick out a suit for the show?"

Smiling, they look at each other before turning back to me, nodding at the same time. Thanking them, I hugged both of them at the same time, squeezing them as hard as I could until they started slapping my back and letting go. We started talking about when we should meet up, but then the second bell rang, and realizing the time we frantically saying goodbye before running to our classes.

"DAY OF THE SHOW, LET'S MEET UP AT MS. HWANG IN THE MORNING!" I shouted, running backward. The girls waved back at me as they ran to their classroom.

Running into my classroom right when Teacher Kim walked in, He stared at me with his usual disappointed look and I happily greeted him. Slipping by I sat down at my desk and stared out the window with a big smile, excited that I get to see Mina perform. I closed my eyes and tried imagining what it'd be like, but having never seen a ballet show before, I couldn't picture much, but I was still excited nonetheless because I knew Mina would be amazing that day. Amazing as always.

.

.

.

.

.

.
End Of Chapter 25