O15 : darling

Mrs

Mrs. Ahn frowned and looked up from her plates to her daughter who was quietly eating her meals.

"What do you mean move out?"

Serin placed down her utensils calmly. "I want to live by my own, I talked about this with dad"

Mrs. Ahn turned to her husband, "and you agreed about this?" Mr. Ahn lifted his shoulder. "I don't see a reason why I should say no to her. She's staying at our old apartment, it's much nearer to her college"

Mrs. Ahn huffed, "how can you agree for such thing? How can she lives alone? How can we sure she'll study well if she's living alone?"

Serin sighed, "mom..."

Again and again.
It's always about study, grades and reputations.

It's always been the same topics and she grew tired of it already. When will her mother finally stop talking about reputations?

She doesn't trust her own daughter?

"Honey, she's 23. She knows what's right and wrong. Besides her grades are always great and she knows her responsibility to study"

Mrs. Ahn shook her head.

"Then what about money?"

"I'll give pocket money to her once every month, she will learn how to saves money to live"

"Study-" "mom can you stop talking about my studies? I'm so sick of it"

Mrs. Ahn scoffed and finally placed down her utensils, "excuse me? Are you hearing yourself, Ahn Serin?"

"Mom. Can you for once care about other things? Why is it always about my grades and my reputations? Why can't you worry about how am I actually doing? I'm mentally okay or not. I'm lonely or not. Both of you are busy working. Me, living here or not, I'll still feel lonely! Why don't you worry about how I lost my appetite and forced myself to study until I'm exhausted?"

Mr. Ahn's eyes softened.
"Serin..."

Serin got up from her seat.
"I don't care. I've talk about this with dad and he sees no problem with it" she turned her back and clenched her fists.

"I'm sorry mom. You are a great mother who just want the best for me I know... But I also need attentions and a caring mother who could be the safest home to her daughter"

With that the conversation ended and Serin walked upstairs to her bedroom.

Mrs. Ahn frowned and turned to her husband again, "did you hear your daughter?"

"Honey... Let's calm down first, we'll talk about this later, not here, finish your meals."

•••