Does It Linger and Connect us?

"I don't understand..." Void said crossing his arms as him and the rest of  Team VAIN stared at a relaxed Ozpin "it's as I said. Your team is proficient enough to do your first mission with no guardian needed initially I would've had Glynda with you but considering how skilled you all are there's no need. Especially since Void is familiar with the area" he said with a smile.

"Huh? You are?" Noaki asked an equally confused Void. Glynda stepped forward tapping her tablet causing a hologram to appear in front of them "ahem. The Scarlet isles have been showing strange activity recently, strange flashing lights and sightings of things flying over the island"

"The Scarlet isles?" Akira asked looking to Void "my home..."
"You're named after your home land?" Izanami was quick to point out "S-Shut up!"

Void frowned and nodded "fine we'll do it..." Glynda nodded and walked away "I'll prepare your transport then"

Ozpin smiled "I suggest you prepare yourselves, I wish you good luck and safe travels" he said as they left.

Akira and Naoki smiled as they held their bags and saw Void and Nami walked towards them seemingly discussing something.

"There they are!" Akira happily cheered before giving Void a salute which Nokai copied quickly. Void looked at them in confusion but was surprised as Nami joined them.

Void froze before smiling "did you guys practice on how to do a proper salute?" He said earn a laugh from the group.

"Alright. Team VAIN our mission is as follows we're headed to the Scarlet isles to investigate a mysterious disturbance on the secluded island if we are to discover it is a Grimm we are to exterminate it if it's a unidentified group we are to detain them and bring them back for questioning. Understood?"

The nodded and smiled "sir yes sir!" They said in unison. "Good... Noaki catch!" Void said suddenly tossing a black box to the horned boy.

"H-huh? What's this?" He asked barely catching it "I keep my promises..." Void simply said smiling as Noaki slowly opened the box revealing a knife made of bone with a serrated steel blade edge.

"It's so cool..." Noaki said tears welling up in his eyes.
"Karma's Bite...that's what I called it but it is your blade so" Void was cut off by Noaki hugging him tightly "thank you..." he heard through quiet tears before returning the hug "of course bro..."

Team VAIN began to board the airship but before Void could get on he heard the familiar jingle of boots running towards him. He turned just in time to catch Ruby who hugged him.

"Someone is excited" he teased as she let go "duh! It's our first mission! Which is why we're here to say GOODLUCK!" Ruby yelled. Void took a second to register her sentence before nodding seeing Yang slow walk up "good luck to you guys too. Though I'm sure you guys can handle anything thrown your way" he said.

"Ruby! Help me with this bag!" Weiss yelled out "eep! I gotta go but stay safe oh and make sure to tell me alll about the mission!" Ruby said running back to Weiss leaving Yang and Void.

"Um Goodluck... on your mission...bro..." Yang awkwardly said before feeling a hand ruffle her hair "Look after Red okay sparky?" He said smiling at her causing her to smile a little and nod "Duh Ruby would blow up without me looking after her..." She joked "hey can you tell me about mom when you come back?"

Void smirk and hopped into the airship "I've got tons of ghost stories of the old bird you'll love. Take care sis!" He said as they took off barely catching Yang smile and wave him off.