Chapter 7

Anthony thought for a while until he finally made his choice, he's going to Seattle. He thinks about all of the possibilities, then he remembers his friends. His friends. Right. He forgot his friends. He has abandoned his friends and family for this stupid school that he didn't even want to go to. His parents forced him to apply because they wanted him to go to the same school that they went to and to find a proper girl, like Anna wasn't a proper girl who was going to be really good to him. Or better than how they treat him. His friends probably hate him.

He woke up at about 2:30 am and replied to the university, rejecting his letter, saying "I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this letter as it does not align with my requirements".

He didn't want to lose his friends.

At about 3:45, he texted Elisa for help.

Anthony: Hey, I kinda need your help.

Elisa: Anthony, it's like 4 am. What the hell do you need me for?

Anthony: Please.

Elisa: Fine, I'm on my way.

Elisa sees Anthony in distress.

"Hey, are you okay?" Elisa said.

"No, not really. I, um, sent the university back," Anthony said.

"And?" Elisa said.

"I rejected them," Anthony said.

"What? Why? I thought you wanted to go to that uni," Elisa said.

Anthony starts pacing the floor.

"I didn't, my parents forced me. I'm kinda freaking out. What if they think I'm a failure? What if...," Anthony said before Elisa interrupting him.

"Hey, Ant. Calm down," Elisa said, attempting to calm him down.

"Please stop calling me that," Anthony said, starting to laugh a little.

"Why did you reject them?" Elisa asked.

"Because I didn't want to abandon you guys," Anthony said, getting nervous again.

"You wouldn't be abandoning us, just like I won't be abandoning you," Elisa said.

"Are you going to accept yours?" Anthony asked.

"No," Elisa said.

"Why not?" Anthony said.

"Cause I don't think I'm ready yet," Elisa said.

"What do you mean?" Anthony asked.

"Self-harm, duh," Elisa said.

"Right, but I think you are though," Anthony said.

"Yeah, but again, I don't think I am. And before you ask, yes, I told uni about it, they are going to try to hold my place, and yes, Ian and Sophie know," Elisa said. They both laugh. "Do they know?"

"Who?" Anthony asked.

"Sophie and Ian, do they know about this?" Elisa said.

"No, since I just sent it," Anthony said.

"Anthony," Elisa said, looking at him with a concerned eye.

"I haven't had the heart to tell them yet," Anthony said.

"Well, you can do it tomorrow at lunch. I'll be there with you," Elisa said.

"Okay, fine," Anthony said, accepting his defeat.

"I have to go before the sun rises. Anthony, please stop thinking like this. Okay? We'll be there for you, no matter what," Elisa said.

"Okay, I'll go and distract myself," Anthony said before Elisa left.

It's about 5:30 am when he falls back asleep.