Chapter 04

Shoto Todoroki POV

I walked back into my dorm after breakfast and closed the door then walked into the bathroom and released my dark angel wings after locking the door. I couldn't risk anyone in class 1-A finding out that Shoka and I were Reborns after the report that was released last night classifying Reborns as highly dangerous, Midoriya might be alright with it but the rest of them would probably report us. I sighed and checked to make sure the door was locked then turned around to see Midoriya standing by the sink. "How in the Hell did you get in here?!" I exclaimed.

"So you're a Reborn? It's been a long time since I've seen one of those besides the ones I know, by the way the government report was based on Reborns sold as experiment subjects but not many people are aware of that so you don't need to worry about my reporting you. I think the whole report is bullshit, I have two good friends who are Reborns and they only hurt bad people." He said with a friendly smile.

"You have friends who are Reborns? Most people avoid us...." I replied hesitantly.

Midoriya snorted. "In case you haven't noticed yet, I don't play by the rules Shoto." He replied.

"Why did you change the subject when I ask how you got in here?" I asked.

Midoriya grimaced. "Let's just say we're both societal rejects." He replied.

"What are you then?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Promise you won't tell?" He asked hesitantly.

"I won't tell a soul and if I do tell then you can tell the world that I'm a Reborn." I promised.

"I'm a vampire, wolf, angel, demon and dragon hybrid. If anyone found out I would be done for so PLEASE don't tell anyone. I can't afford to go back to a laboratory, I would lose my sanity if I did." He replied with a pleading note to his voice toward the end.

"You've been to a lab?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

"My father was a scientist and us kids were his lab rats, I was born a normal wolf but he added a bunch of species to my DNA. I escaped when I was 14 and I don't think I would be able to stay sane if I went back to a lab." He said with a sigh.

"I won't tell if you won't, deal?" I said, extending my hand.

He took a deep breath and took my hand, we shook on it then released the other's hand. "How old were you when you died in your first life?" He asked.

"14. In that life I committed suicide." I replied with a shrug.

"Damn. I wish I would've done that when I was younger." He replied.

"Has your life been that bad?" I asked.

"I've been through a lot more than even Katsuki knows and she's my childhood friend and I've lost a lot of people, that's why I asked her if she would be alright with me changing her." He said sighing.

"You meant changing her species, not her clothes." I realized.

"Yeah. Technically I can't change her into a full vampire because I'm not a full vampire but I could change her so she was part vampire like me." He said.

"Is there any way to kill a vampire?" I asked.

"Fire. You have to burn a vampire alive to kill one or decapitate them then burn them, the only other way to kill a vampire is to inject them full of blowfish toxins." He said.

"Is that why you're scared of water? And are you scared of fire?" I asked.

"It's not that I'm scared of water, it's that my wings take months to dry if I'm in the water too long and I could need them on a moment's notice. And I'm not scared of fire but I am especially careful around it, I thankfully have some fire immunity because of my demon side but I still have to be careful due to the fact that a 3rd degree burn can take months to heal." He said, shrugging carelessly.