Chapter Three - The Hardys

Cassidy's POV
"Piper, sweetie, it's time for bed!" I call, walking up the steps with Piper's little brother, Beau, in my arms.

I put Beau in his cradle and walk into Piper's room. When I go into Piper's room, she's on the floor playing with her Barbie dolls. I lean in the door way and cross my arms over my chest.

"Piper, what did I say? Put your Barbies away. It's time for bed,"

"But, momma, daddy still needs to sing to me tonight." Piper says. I shake my head.

"Sweetie, it's time for bed and daddy's on your right now."

"Well I won't go to bed until daddy sings to me," Piper snaps, crossing her arms and screwing up her face in anger. I sigh.

I take my phone out of my back pocket and FaceTime Michael.

"Hey baby," He says with a smile. I sigh in relief.

"Hi Michael. I'm so glad you answered. Sorry if I'm bothering you,"

"You're fine. I was just playin' poker with the guys. What's up?" Michael asks.

"Well, Piper won't go to bed tonight unless you sing to her. You think you could spare a couple minutes to sing to her?" I ask. Michael chuckles.

"Of course. Anything for my baby girl,"

"Okay. Then I'm gonna go give her my phone," I say.

I go into Piper's bedroom and give her my phone. She excitedly takes it from me and smiles really big when she sees her daddy.

"Hi daddy!"

"Hey baby girl. I heard you wanted me to sing to you," Michael says. Piper nods.

"Yep,"

"Well, what would you like me to sing tonight?"

"Can you sing one of Uncle Morgan's songs?" Piper asks. Michael laughs.

"Uncle Morgan's song? Which one?"

"More Than My Hometown,"

"More Than My Hometown? Alright. I guess I can sing that. It is a song that I wrote for Uncle Morgan. Just let me get my guitar and I'll play it for ya,"

*

When Michael's done singing to Piper, she's fast asleep. He smiles and blows Piper a kiss.

"I love you, baby girl. See you tomorrow,"

I grab my phone and smile at Michael. Michael smiles back and sets his guitar down next to him on the couch in his tour bus.

"Hey baby. How's it goin'?"

"Good, I guess. Piper's been a bit of a handful, but it's nothing I can't handle. I miss you, Michael." I mutter. Michael nods.

"I know. I miss you too, baby. But don't worry, I'll be soon, alright?"

"Alright. Michael, I'm thinking of being done with rodeo. I'm tired of going back and forth between here and Texas with the kids and I know they don't like it either. We should sell the house out in Texas and just live here," I explain. Michael smiles

"Okay. If you think that's best, we can sell the house and stay in Tennessee. Maybe we can sell the house in Tennessee and get a house with a yard big enough for us to keep horses. Your horse, Hardy, can finally come here instead of living with Grace. What do you think?"

"I'd love that," I say with a smile. I look at the time on my phone and sigh. "I should probably go. It's gettin' late,"

"Alright. I love you, baby. Good night,"