Chapter Five - Rock and A Hard Place

Bailey's POV
"Bailey, can you please help me get the boys ready for church? I've gotta finish working on my hair," Harper says as she walks into the bathroom while I'm taking a shower.

"Sure. I'm almost finished taking my shower and then I'll be right out," I reply.

"Awesome. Thanks babe," Harper mutters. I nod.

"Of course,"

I finish my shower and change into khaki pants and a blue button up shirt. I fix my hair and spray some cologne before leaving the bathroom.

I go to Austin's bedroom to find him and his little brother Landon playing with their toy cars on the floor. They're still in their pajamas and their hair is a mess.

"What are you two doing? We've got church in an hour," I say, looking down at my two boys.

"But we wanna play," Austin says. Landon nods.

"Yeah,"

"Well, too bad. Now come on. Your hair is a mess," I say. Austin and Landon shake their heads.

"No,"

"No? I guess we're just gonna have to use force then," I mutter.

Austin and Landon try to run away and I catch both of them, slinging them over my shoulders. Both of them begin laughing and Harper laughs when she sees me with them.

"Oh my goodness. Were you two not listening to daddy?"

"Yeah," they both say with a laugh.

"Well, if you can restrain them long enough, I'm gonna get their outfits together. And maybe tickle them too," Harper teases, tickling the boys' sides. They laugh even harder and kick their legs, almost hitting me in the face.

"Woah, woah, watch it. I don't wanna get kicked in the face," I say, looking between the boys.

"Sorry daddy," they say, giggling. I laugh.

"That's alright. Now let's go into the bathroom so we can fix you guys' hair,"

Harper's POV
"Y'all better be on your best behavior today in church. I don't want a repeat of last week," I say, looking back at my two boys in the back seat of Bailey's truck. "You two got it?"

"Yes momma," the boys say together.

Last week at church, Austin and Landon fought over the fact that three year old Landon had kept poking him and giggling when he was supposed to be quiet. This week, Bailey and I have decided that the boys aren't allowed to sit next to each other during church.

As we're walking inside, I see my brother walking into church with Memphis and my nephew and nieces.

"Hi Uncle Bailey and Aunt Harper!" Emerson calls, waving to Bailey and I.

"Hi Emmy," I say with a smile. I greet my brother, giving him a hug. "Hey big bro,"

"Hey little sis," Morgan says.

I probably see Morgan every day considering I'm stuck being his agent, but I'll always greet him like I haven't seen him in a while.

We always sit with my brother and my sister-in-law during church. The kids love it and I always tell them that they must be quiet if they sit with their cousins.

"You guys still on for lunch after church?" Memphis asks. I nod.

"Of course. You sure you don't want me to bring anything?"

"Yeah. I'm sure. You don't have to bring anything," Memphis replies. I shrug.

"Okay. Let me know if you think of anything by the end of the church service, alright?"