Bewitched - Chapter One

Disclaimer

This story is a piece of fiction and I've casted Ashwinkumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar as leads of the story.

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Bewitched

Chapter One

It is a truth universally acknowledged – wait, isn't that Austen's? Right. Well, let me rephrase it. It is a known fact that malls are heavily crowded on Sundays and this Sunday wasn't an exception. Swathi and Tanya hurried through the Phoenix mall, rushing to get to the CROSSWORD.

Harish K, one of the best-selling author and Tanya's favourite is doing a meet and greet in CROSSWORD and they have to get there. They are already late and didn't want to miss the chance of meeting him.

"Seekiram nada di! Avaru vandhruparu" Tanya hurried Swathi.

(Walk faster! He must have reached)

The girls huffed and rushed inside the mall. The store is in the first floor and the escalator was crowded. The lift was within sights and the best part was the lift was at the ground floor. The girls rushed to the lift. By the time they were near the lift, it was almost full and a short girl wearing a guitar bag stepped in.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Tanya yelped as the girls neared the lift only to watch the lift door close.

"Aarghh! Aiyo andha lusu matum eerama irundhrundha namma poerukalam!!" Tanya grumbled while Swathi looked annoyed.

(We would have got inside if that idiot didn't step in!)

"Ama! Cha!" Swathi sighed, "Seri vaa, escalator la ye povom, time agudhu"

(Come, let's take the escalator. We are running out of time)

"Aiyoo, ama vaaa"

(Yeah, let's go)

The girls rushed to the escalator. Tanya was scolding the short girl throughout while Swathi agreed.

"Finally!" The girls sighed in relief as they stepped in the CROSSWORD, a huge smile plastered on their face for they saw Harish seated. There were seven rows of chairs in front of him. A mixed crowd of boys and girls occupied it, with the girls dominating in numbers. There were two spots at the front and three more free at the fifth row.

Tanya and Swathi looked at each other with a wide smile as they approached the chairs. They will take the seats at the front row! They can sit right in front of Harish! Their excitement reflected on their face but it was short lived for their smile faded when they saw the same woman from the lift occupying one seat, the seat that's right in front of Harish and one more girl occupying the other one.

Tanya could feel herself breathing fire! Swathi heaved a heavy sigh. The frustration of running up and the disappointment is taking its toll on them.

"Enaku ne varuvala ava! Chaa! Ava aalum ava moonji um! Ivala ipo yevan paaka poran nu ipdi kelambi vandhruka!" Tanya seethed, "Modha lift aprm inga seat, arrghh, ivalam!"

(Why is she crossing my paths again and again! She and her looks! She is dressed as if any guy's going to look at her! - First the lift and now the seat! She's just!)

"Tanyaa, calm down. Nee va, namma anga okaralam. We are here for Harish, let's not ruin our mood for that stranger. Vaa" Swathi managed to drag Tanya with her.

(Come, let's sit there - come)

Tanya was scolding the girl in her mind. She was supposed to sit in front of Harish, not that girl! According to her she saw the empty chairs first and she was supposed to sit there but the girl beat her to it. If only Tanya knew that the entire first row was already reserved.