Bewitched - Chapter Three

Author's Note

Hello makkaleyy, hope you all are doing good. Thank you for the response to the previous chapter. I'll try to update whenever I can. Apologies if the chapter length is shorter than what I usually post. Please do stream Adipoli whenever you can and keep them both in your prayers.

Hope. Believe. Magic.

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Bewitched

Chapter Three

Ashwin wiped his hair as he walked out of his room. He quickly had his breakfast before going to Dhanalakshmi's house.

"Ammachhiii!" Ashwin yelled as he walked inside the kitchen.

(Grandma)

"Maadi la iruken ya" Dhanalakshmi yelled from the first floor.

(I'm upstairs)

Jogging up the stairs, Ashwin said, "Maadi era venam nu sonen la. Ipdi era vendiyathu aprm night mutti valikudhu kaal valikudhu nu solla vendiyathu"

(I have asked you not to climb stairs. You climb stairs and then complain about having knee and leg pain)

"Polambaama balcony iruka room ku vaa" Ashwin heard his grandmother's yell. He looked around and saw two women cleaning the closed rooms.

(Don't ramble and come to the room with balcony)

Ashwin shook his head muttering, "Aayiram vaati solliruken, aayiram vaati solliruken maadi yera vendam nu", stepping inside the room and looking at Dhanalakshmi, "Aayiram vaati solliruken maadi year vendam nu. Yean ammachhi ipdi panringa?"

(I've told thousand times. I've told thousand times not to. I've told thousand times not to climb the stairs. Why are you doing like this grandma?)

"Ashwin thambi, naanum sonnen ya. Amma dhan kekave illa" Kamala, the house help of Dhanalakshmi who works for her a long time said, "Odhunga vaikuradha merpaarvai pathe theeruven nu adam panni mela vandhutanga"

(Even I said the same but Mam didn't listen. She was adamant that she'll oversee us cleaning)

Ashwin glared at Dhanalakshmi who gave a sheepish smile to him before patting his arm and said, "Moraikadha ya. Ella room um suthama iruka nu neeum oruka paaru ya"

(Don't glare at me. Look around and check if everything's clean)

Ashwin looked around and scrunched his eyebrows in question, "Yedhuku ipo ellam clean panringa? Ravindran uncle ila Aarthi aunty family edhuvum varangala yenna?" Ashwin asked enquiring about Dhanalakshmi's son and daughter's family.

(Why are you cleaning now? Is Ravindran uncle or Aarthi aunty's family coming?)

"Illa kannu. Aarthi phone potta. Ava friend pasanga edho velai ah namma ooru pakkam dhan varanga lam. Avangala koncha naalaiku inga thanga vachuka mudiyuma nu Aarthi keta. Na ondi ah dhana iruken, anupu pathukuren nu sonen. Adhan sutham seiya sonen"

(No, Aarthi called me. Her friends' children are coming nearby for work and Aarthi asked if I could let them stay here for a while. I'm all alone here right. So, I asked her to send and that I'll take care of them. That's why I asked them to clean)

Ashwin nodded his head but added, "Irundhalum neenga mela vandhruka vendam"

(Even then you shouldn't have climbed up the stairs)

"Seri vidu ya. Ipo yenna, night kaalu valikudhu nu sonna nee indha kelavi ku pidichu vida maatiya yenna?"

(Alright. Leave that. What now, if I say my leg is pain in night, won't you press my legs?)