Bewitched - Chapter Six

Author's note

Hello makkaley, hope you all are doing good. Thank you to all those who have read, voted and commented in the last chapter. Your support means a lot. Please do stream Adipoli whenever possible, support them professionally and keep them both in your prayers.

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Bewitched

Chapter Six

Ashwin buttoned his shirt before looking at the mirror and combing his hair. He always has some of his stuffs over here. He is yet to have his breakfast and its nearly lunch time already. He decided to wind up working on the dress he has been working over the last three weeks.

When Ashwin entered inside his working space, he first took the mannequin with Charu's dress and kept it in the inside room. He checked the required sequins and fabrics for the pending work. When he came out of the room, he frowned on seeing a young woman standing in front of the mannequin that had the dress he was working on.

Ashwin eyed the woman in front of him. She was dressed in a violet salwar suit with her hair open. She was short, her eyes looking at his creation with awe. Puzzled, he called her out. Instead of answering him, the woman froze looking at him.

His frown deepened when the woman stammered while Ashwin's gaze dropped to her hand. She had a lunch basket in her hand which he knows is from Dhanalakshmi's house. He connected the dots that she must be their guest whom they were expecting today.

Ashwin was surprised when he realized she was gawking at him. She was still stammering. He was about to put her out of misery when he heard someone calling his name.

Giving her a pointed look, Ashwin stepped out to find Bhaanu Amma who used to work for Saradha.

"Maa, vaanga. Yepdi irukinga?"

(Maa, come. How are you?)

"Nalla iruken kannu. Indha pakkam vandhen. Saradha va pathuten. Nee iruka nu sonanga. Adha unna pathutu polam nu vandhen. Yepdi iruka?"

(I'm fine, son. I was crossing this way. I've met Saradha. She said you are here. So, I thought of meeting you as well. How are you?)

"Nalla iruken Maa. Ulla vanga, okarunga"

(I'm fine, Maa. Come inside, sit)

"Ila saami. Neram agudhu. Porathala ponum. Indha saami indha maangai ah vachuko. Unaku pidikum la"

(No, son. I'm getting late. I'm going out. Here, son, keep these raw mangoes. You like them right)

Despite Ashwin's refusal, Bhaanu placed some small raw mangoes and seasoning powder wrapped in paper on his hand.

"Na poetu varen kannu" Bhaanu pinched Ashwin's cheek and kissed her finger before leaving.

(I'll leave now, son)

Smiling, Ashwin walked in to find her standing in the same place. She was fidgeting with the lunch basket, her eyes rolling here and there, making her small bindi stand out. Overall, she looked so cute.

"Sapadu kondu vandhingala?" Ashwin asked walking in.

(You brought food?)

Startled, Sivaangi jerked and looked at Ashwin.

"Huh?" Sivaangi sounded clueless before she cleared her voice and said, "Adhu, ongaluku sapadu kuduthu vitrukanga"

(They asked me to take food for you)