Shit Happens

(April)

April shoved her food around her plate, no longer hungry or intrested in the conversation around her. Everyone was either done eating or finishing up dessert. Her mind was running different scenarios in which she would end up shoving her dessert in Mike's face. Of course she could only fantasies on that and not act on impulse. She glanced down at her watch and glanced around again. She needed to leave soon if she was to finish setting everything up tonight.

"That's a splendid idea, don't you think April?"

"Huh, um. Yeah sounds good."

"Well its settled then. Why don't the rest of us head over to the den. Jackie, I have a few things to show you."

April watched as everyone got up from the table, completely confused on what was going on. She looked across the table at Mike, who was the only one left seated, besides herself. He had an amused grin on his face, leaning back on his seat and staring back at her.

"What?" She said rudely.

"Nothing, just trying to figure out what it was you were thinking of that you have no idea what you just agreed to."

"What are you talking about, I haven't agreed to nothing."

"Oh honey, but you have. Did you not hear what dear mom asked you?"

"Cut the crap and tell me what it is will you! I have things to do."

"I guess that will have to wait until the tour is over with."

"What tour?"

He leaned forward slowly, folding his hands on the table, taking his time. Time that she didn't have to fool around with playing his games.

"A tour of this marvellous house of yours, of course. I hear it has some history to it."

April got up, biting her lip, trying to think of a way to get through this fast enough.

"Fine. This is the dining room where we eat and that there door leads to the kitchen where our food is prepared. Next stop."

April turned and headed out the door, not waiting to see if he was following behind. As she stepped into the hall she heard him curse under his breath and the scrape of his chair as he stood up. She headed for the front and started naming things off quickly.

"Down the hall behind you is the den where we sit around doing nothing. To your right is the formal living room, another place to sit around and do nothing. The door to the left leads to the basement or entertainment room. The hall here leads to the guest bed and a bathroom. The stairway here leads to the bedrooms upstairs and more bathrooms where 'shit' happens. Now if you follow me I'll show you to the door that leads out. Thanks for touring with us here at our lovely home and if you don't mind, I have things to do."

April opened the door and waited for Mike to walk through. He walked by her with, what may have been an amused grin. She quickly closed the door and followed behind until she reached her car.

"Thanks for joining us, now if you don't mind I must be leaving."

"Well that wasn't much of a tour. I guess I'll have to come back for another one soon. But. how about you do me a favor and I'll call it even?"

"Sorry pal but I don't do favors. So goodnight."

April opened her door and got in. She started her car up and buckled up. As she turned on her lights she watched as Mike walked in front of her car and head towards the end of the driveway. She looked around puzzled. There was no car in the driveway besides hers and her brothers. She knew for a fact that he hadn't arrived with Conner, so where was his car. April let out a sigh and drove towards him slowly. Rolling down her window as she neared him.