-03-

The Incheon nightclub throbbed with energy, the air filled with laughter and the beat of music. Mingyu moved gracefully on the dance floor, thoroughly enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.

Jungkook, on the other hand, stood on the outskirts, watching the scene unfold.

Mingyu, shouting over the music, "Jungkook, come on! Join the party! It's amazing here!"

Jungkook forced a smile,"Yeah, sure, Mingyu. I just need a moment."

As Mingyu disappeared into the dancing crowd, Jungkook couldn't shake off the feeling of disconnection. He found himself lost in thought, surrounded by the pulsating lights and cheerful chatter.

He came out with his four other friends, Mingyu and Jungkook who were out for months and came back to Korea after such a long time.

One friend cheered, "This is epic! Best night ever!"

His other friend agreed and nodded his head, "Right? I can't believe Jungkook isn't into this. What's up with him?"

Jungkook's mind was a swirl of conflicting emotions. He observed his friends enjoying the company of others, feeling a pang of jealousy.

What can't he enjoy like them?

"Jungkook, there's a group of girls over there! Let's go join them!" Jaehyun said.

Jungkook was hesitant, "I think I'll pass. You guys go ahead."

As Mingyu danced, seemingly lost in the vibrant scene, Jungkook felt an internal struggle.

Jungkook to himself, "Why can't I enjoy this like everyone else? What am I missing?"

The pulsating nightlife left Jungkook feeling like an outsider in his own world, caught between the desire to fit in and the realization that the party scene didn't offer the connection he craved.

Maybe it's about their party so much that now it's too boring for him. He has gone to every famous club around the world.

Outside the vibrant chaos of the club, Jungkook sought solace in a quiet corner, cigarette in hand. It was not a normal cigarette, he was trying not to do drugs, because of the race. But since then he has been disqualified from the season.

The cool night air provided a brief escape, but Mingyu soon found him, concern etched across his face.

Mingyu disapprovingly said, “Jungkook, what the hell are you doing? Smoking weed? Seriously?"

"It's just a cigarette, man. Relax." Jungkook spoke defensively.

"No, Jungkook. You will fall back into your bad habit,  and you know it. Plus, we're at risk of losing our F1 driving licenses if we get caught with this stuff." Mingyu said and took it from him, before he threw it on the ground and stepped on it.

Jungkook was looking uneasy,"I didn't think it was a big deal. It's just to take the edge off."

Mingyu was serious, "It is a big deal, Jungkook. You're risking your health, and we can't afford any legal issues with our careers. You need to be more responsible."

Jungkook, taken aback by Mingyu's stern tone. Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, it is true that the last two years were painful for Jungkook. He recovered from his dr*g addiction after so much struggle, all thanks to Mingyu.

“You know only the race track can make me feel the thrill I want other than that, drugs,” Jungkook replied.

“Think about the race track then Jungkook, it's not over, next season we will be back! Don't worry,  We have big dreams, and we can't let something like this ruin them.” Mingyu said. And then Jungkook nodded his head.