-04-

Amyra sat in her room, engrossed in her book, when an unfamiliar text message buzzed on her phone.

-I couldn't stop thinking about you, then remember I had your number :’)

She finds the text really weird. It was from an unknown number.

She hesitated, choosing to ignore it, thinking it might be a wrong number. Moments later, the phone rang, displaying an unknown caller. She answered cautiously.

"Hello?" Mingyu's voice came through, and she recognized it instantly.  "Hey, Amyra. It's Mingyu."

Amyra was puzzled, "How did you get my number?"

Mingyu, chuckling, "I may have 'borrowed' it from the hospital records. Hope you don't mind."

"That's not okay, Mingyu. You can't just do that." Amyra was concerned. Azlan has connections with this hospital. What if he gets to know? But he must have not known that Mingyu was suddenly calling her after so many years.

Mingyu said sheepishly, "I know, I know. But I didn't do it for myself, I stole it for Jungkook. I thought he needed your number.”

Amyra sat on the bed and put the pillow on her lap, Jungkook even asked for her number but she refused to give him.

“Why does he not need it?” it's not like she wants Jungkook to have her number but the way he said it is odd.

“Nothing, it doesn't really matter.” Mingyu said, he really thought that Jungkook might have liked Y/n except for her being his fan, he doesn't care or want to involve her in his personal things.

"This is not the right way. We shouldn't be talking like this." Amyra exclaimed sternly.

"I just want to get to know you better, Amyra. That's all." Mingyu said.

Amyra sighed, conflicted. "Mingyu, you can't continue like this. It's not right."

Mingyu was determined, "Give me a chance. I promise I just want to be friends."

Amyra was hesitating, it felt wrong. “I don't make friends.”

Mingyu, sincerely, "I understand. I'll respect your decision. But think about it, okay?"

The call ended, leaving Amyra with mixed emotions, unsure of what to make of the unexpected intrusion into her privacy.

__

Jungkook was in the spacious dining room, silently eating his dinner with his father and step mom. Her father sat at the head of the table, a reserved smile on his face.

Jungkook, my boy," his father began, lifting his gaze from the elegantly set table. "How was preparation for the race going?"

Jungkook, his eyes meeting his father's. "It went well, Dad. The team's working hard, and we're making progress.”

His father nodded, the questions flowing seamlessly.

Jungkook doesn't feel like home even here. Her parents divorced not long ago, and her marriage to a young girl made Jungkook really furious and disturbed. And he made some mistakes. The mistakes because even if he felt like home at his house, he doesn't feel that way anymore.

He slept with his step mom, only once but it was enough he thought he would do that and then reveal to his father how fake his wife is. But Jungkook was never able to do that, he just felt embarrassed.

His father is not a really bad person to him, but he doesn't know what reaction he will give what he gets to know.

Jungkook feels like his life is slow, really slow, he would have preferred if his life wasn't like this. But if his life wasn't like this, what would it be like? He never gets to answer that question.