Freedom

It only took kat mere minutes to collect all of her things into an old discarded backpack she found while exploring one day and to tuck the bag under her dresser. It took much longer to formulate a plan to escape.

She knew, from her countless expeditions outside the walls of Malfoy Manor, roughly what times the guards changed shifts and which ones left the gate unattended for a crucial minutes. It was a simple waiting game for her now.

She spent every free second she had craning her neck up towards her window, watching, waiting. She had practically nothing to do except prepare more that she already had, she continued to get meals from dobby, unwilling to tell him her plan, she may have trusted him but she definitely didn't trust his house-elf habits. She asked him for packaged foods a bit more frequently; every couple of days, and built up her stockpile.

She had nothing to do but prepare her escape, no orders , no summons, no punishment, and she even saw draco less. Considering he was on holiday until the 25th, she had 3 more days. She thought it best to leave before they all returned. Give her more room to breathe.

"Wand, books, blanket, water, food," she recited for the fourth time, calming herself. Katra Riddle had never one done something against her fathers orders and was getting fidgety and restless. "I just want to be gone" was the most common thought in her head at all times. And she fell asleep thinking of freedom and then dreaming about flying .

___________________________________________

Kat awoke with a start she had two days left to get away, and even in her grogginess, it was the issue on the forefront of her mind. She grabbed her 5 was balanced precautiosly on her old wooden dresser, which stood tall but withering like an old wise grandfather next to her mattress that sat on the floor, bearing  more holes than comfortable. That was all that was in the girls' room, minus the windowsill that kat often found herself perched on in the dark hours. Staring at the sky and up into the stars. The malfoy Manor was just a guilded cage for the dark Lords daughter to keep her safe but not from those locked in with her.

She took a final look at the room holding nothing but resentment for her past living area, though she would miss running her fingers along the grooves in the dressers beaten draws, and sitting on the windowsill to gaze at the infinities above her. Those she could do anywhere else, somewhere better.

She met Dobby and took the food from him with a thanks and warm smile. She oh so wanted go say more but couldn't, she didn't trust him. She spent her final minutes, either way, gazing out the window. She was sure of the guards patterned by now. And like clockwork, katras plan worked, the guard left her post and moved on.

Kats heart was pounding in her ears as she slipped out the door soundlessley and after checking for anyone looking ran for it, a fat grin plastered across her face, she was gone, she was out.