Chapter Four

"What are you doing?" Camila asked Lauren, who sat on her bed.

"I'm cutting out some holes in the back of your underwear and shorts so you can have a place for your tail to go." Lauren said as she continued to cut a hole in the thin fabric.

"I'm bored." Camila stated. Lauren let out a laugh.

"I can't help you there right now, but when I'm done with these, maybe we can sit down and watch a movie, okay?" Lauren offered. Camila nodded her head, then decided to walk out to the living room. Now that she thought about it, she was pretty hungry. of course she was in the mood for Fruitloops, but Lauren was busy, and Normani would probably be annoyed of her. Camila walked into the kitchen and began opening cabinets, trying to remember where it was that Lauren had pulled out a bowl to put the milk and cereal in. She got on her tip toes, reaching up to open the higher cabinet.

"There." She stated to her self, spotting the blue bowls. She got up on her top toes trying to reach it, but she was only so tall and her arms definitely were not long. She looked around for something to get on to lift herself higher, but couldn't find or think of anything. She sat there, debating what to do until she thought of an idea. She took a small jump in place, then hoisted herself onto the counter top. She carefully opened the cabinet while keeping her balance, and pulled out a bowl.

"Camila, careful!" Normani said, and Camila turned to face her. "You can't just go jumping up like that." Normani scolded her, taking the bowl and carefully setting it on the counter, then helping Camila down.

"I was just looking for a bowl. I'm hungry." Camila said. Her ears dropped and her tail was curled between her legs.

"It's okay. Just next time feel free to bother one of us." Normani said, then walked over to open the fridge. "Do you wanna try to eat something else?" Normani suggested. "Fruitloops can't be healthy to eat everyday."

"I don't care." Camila stated, pulling out a box from the bottom cabinet.

"Are you sure? We got some pizza rolls." Normani smiled, pulling the bag out of the freezer.

"Pizza rolls?" Camila's ears perked as she grabbed the bag from Normani, studying it curiously. "Cook them?" She handed them back.

"Sure. We'll share them. Wanna go tell Lauren?" She asked, opening the bag.

"Yes!" Camila ran out of the room, quickly opening the door to Lauren's. "We're making pizza rolls!" She declared, causing Lauren to jump with the scissors in her hand.

"Shit!" She cursed, seeing as she'd cut herself. Red blood began oozing out of the deep cut in side of her left thumb.

"Lauren that's not a nice word!" Normani called from the other room.

"Fu- frick..." Lauren said, getting up quickly and walking around Camila into the other room. "Mani, where's the first aid kit?" She asked.

"Oh shit. What happened?" She asked, looking down at the girl's bleeding thumb.

"That's not a nice word." Lauren mocked, sitting down on a bar stool. "Now go get the first aid kit, I don't know where it is." She said, nudging Normani, who left to look in the bathroom.

Camila stood there, tail between her legs, before she realized she may be of help. She ran to the living room, quickly grabbing the white box that was lying beside the TV on it's stand, and then ran back to Lauren.

"oh, where'd you find it?" Lauren asked as the girl sat across from her with the first aid kit and opened it.

"It was in the room with the TV. I remember you left it there when you used the bandage to help my paw, or, hand now." She pulled out the same white bandage roll and attempted to tear off a strip unsuccessfully.