Chapter Fifteen

"I think she just needs some time." Normani said, carefully choosing her words.

"I don't see what time does to heal." Camila simply stated, still looking at the girl sleeping on the couch with a concerned face.

They both sat silently looking at her. Sadness seemed to subside when Lauren slept. She didn't have to think, or over think, or under think. She sat there peacefully, unaware to the simply worded conversation between her two room mates.

"I want to help. I don't know how though." Camila finally continued.

"I wish I could help you there Mila, but I don't know myself." The girl admitted with a sigh, then stood up out of her chair.

"Where are you going?" Camila asked.

"I'm going to bed. You probably should too, Fido. It's getting late." She began walking towards the door to her bedroom.

"But what about Lauren?"

"I don't think she's gonna wake up again to go to her room, Mila. You should go ahead and sleep. I don't think you should stay awake for her." Camila furrowed her eyebrows while looking at the curled up sleeping girl on the couch. "Listen, maybe she'll be a little more open to talking in the morning. The healing process is apart of the unfathomable. You need time and space." Normani joked, walking into her room and closing the door behind her. Camila didn't know what joke Normani was getting at, but she didn't spend much time thinking about it. She did, however, assume Normani was right. Lauren wouldn't get up any time soon, and Camila herself, needed some sleep.

She quickly walked into the bedroom and exited it carrying her dog bed. It fit nicely right beside the couch, and she spent little time trying to lay on top of it with her tail curled up and eyes closed. She wanted to help Lauren get happy again, but she had no idea how.

Camila didn't exactly dream of Lauren and her wolf form that night, but with everything going on in their lives at the moment, it didn't seem like the most important thing to her.

Lauren woke up to the unfamiliar feeling of someone touching her hand. She stretched her neck a bit before looking over the edge of the cushion.

Camila payed no attention to the girl's awakening and instead continued to mindlessly play with the girls fingers, gently wiggling them.

"Camz?" Lauren asked, still a little tired. The stick of dried tears on her cheeks had done nothing to assist her groggily and tired feel.

Camila's ears perked and she looked up at the girl from her position on the floor.

"Mmm. Good morning." She tried to smile wider than ever. She thought to herself, maybe, just maybe if she kept the attitude of the morning happy, Lauren would be happy as well.

"Morning." Lauren replied, not making any attempt to get off of the couch.

Camila sat there quietly, looking at the girl, thinking of what to do.

"You stay there. I'll be back soon." She smiled, jumping up. Lauren didn't know what to think or assume what the girl was going to do, but she listened anyways. Not like she had any reason to get up anyways.

Camila rushed to the kitchen, trying to escape to the part of the counter top that was out of sight from the living room.

She opened the cabinet to pull out the box of fruit loops. Next a trip to the fridge for milk and another to the top cabinet to fish out two bowls. Camila poured milk and cereal into each, and then picked both up to bring it back into the living room.

"Bone appetite." Camila joked, purposefully pronouncing it wrong. "Do you get it? Cause I'm a part dog." Camila smiled at her own joke, hoping Lauren would too, which she did, subtly of course. The girl handed a bowl to Lauren, then sat on her bed with her legs crossed, facing her. "Breakfast for two."