Chapter Thirteen

"Hey, Camz?" Lauren asked, sitting next to her on the couch and leaning on the arm rest, a box of rice in hand. So they did go with ordering Chinese, despite the girl's indifference. Normani ate pretty quickly, but had to get back to working on an assignment for school. "Camz?"

"What?" She girl shrugged, not looking away from the TV.

"Are you okay? You seem kind of distant." Lauren pointed out, reaching to push some of Camila's hair out of her face.

"I am just paying attention to the TV." She stated, trying to back away from Lauren's gesture.

"Nonsense, Camila you do not like the shows I watch. What's wrong?" Lauren asked, genuinely concerned as to why the girl was in such a mood.

"I said nothing." Camila instantly snapped.

"Camila just talk to me, please." Lauren sighed. When Camila didn't reply, Lauren grumpily sat down her box of Chinese food and folded her arms, pretending to pay attention to the TV show herself.

It was a rerun of the first episode of That 70s Show. It was near the end of the episode, when Donna kissed Eric on the lips, and Lauren didn't think much of it until she saw Camila out of the corner of her eye, facing her now.

"Now are you willing to talk to-" She was cut off when Camila leaned forward, practically jumping on the girl and connecting their lips.

Lauren was taken by complete surprise when this happened. She didn't know what to think with the hybrid girl on top of her, gently moving their lips together, but she reciprocated as soon as she could get a grasp on what had happened.

Lauren was out of breath completely by the time Camila had pulled away.

"What was-" Lauren began only to be cut off again with another kiss, a little gentler this time and shorter too.

"I did not want something to stop us. Not again." Camila said, smiling and wanting to lean in for another kiss, but Lauren pushed her back a bit.

"Camila, you have to be careful. What if Normani catches us? She is just in the other room." Lauren pointed out.

"But we will be able to hear when she gets up."

"Camila, no. I am sorry but we can't right now. She is already suspecting something and I do not want her to find out." Lauren said, sitting up right now.

"I don't understand what is so wrong about her finding out about us." Camila's ears drooped.

"Sorry, Camila. Right now there is not an us." As soon as the words supposedly came out of Lauren's mouth, Camila woke up with a jolt, her hold tightening on whatever was in her arms, instantly.

"Camz? I can't breathe if you hold me that tight." Lauren struggled to say, while trying to pry the girl's arms off of her. "Camz?"

Camila felt the hot liquid spill from her eyes, rolling down her face and onto the mattress. With the way Lauren had reacted to their close call to a kiss the night before, Camila's imagination must have gotten a little out of hand.

"Camila, are you okay?" Lauren turned in the bed so she was facing Camila. She used her thumb to wipe some of the tears away from Camila's face.

"You told me we are not together. There is not an us. There is not an us." Camila wept, pushing herself away from Lauren and curling up into a ball by herself, using the comforter to wrap up in.

"Camila, what are you talking about?" Lauren asked, reaching for the girl but she only flinched. "I think you just had a nightmare. By the time delivery got here, you were already asleep so we put you to bed." Lauren said, explaining what had truly happened before the girl had fallen asleep.