Chapter Twelve

When Lauren woke up it was rather late in the day. She didn't feel the warmth of Camila next to her at all, instead just the cold sheets where the comforter had been pulled down. She sat up in bed, looking over to the corner of the room, and let out a sigh when she realized Camila was not in her own bed either.

She got out of bed, stretching. Why was Camila up this early even?

"Hey, Camz?" She called, walking into the living room but didn't see the girl until she looked to her right, into the kitchen. Camila was with Normani by the stove. "Oh, hey." Lauren said, sitting down on the island.

"Lauren! You're not supposed to see this! Leave." Camila demanded, standing in front of the stove attempting to hide what she was making.

"I'm not supposed to see the eggs you're cooking or the fact you and Normani actually enjoy hanging out with each other." Lauren joked. Camila let out a sigh.

"The surprise is ruined."

"Hey, no. It's okay Mila just give her the eggs now. They're ready." Normani said, giving the girl a small pat on the head before using the spatula to take the egg out of the pan and put it on a plate.

"Okay." Camila grabbed the plate timidly and brought it over to the island where Lauren sat, waiting with a smile that made Camila's heart flutter. "We made you breakfast." She shyly said as she set the plate down on the counter then took a seat in front of Lauren.

"I love eggs! Thanks Camz." She said, trying to show Camila she was happy about her work whether is was a surprise or not. She took a bite out of the omelet, which had cheese and ham in it. "You've ever had eggs?" Lauren asked, talking with a mouthful of the omelet. Camila shook her head and Lauren swallowed so she could talk. "Here, try a bite." She used her fork to take off a bit, and brought it to Camila's mouth.

Camila ate the omelet, making a 'mm' sound. "It's nice. I like Fruitloops better though." Camila laughed.

"Of course." Lauren laughed. "Hey, so, later we have to go to Ally and Dinah's again. They're introducing all of us to a vet so you can have some proper care."

Camila gave her a worried and confused look. Vet? Proper care? Was Lauren going to give her up?

Lauren took notice to the girl's fear right away. "No no no, Camz. The vet is just gonna help you so you can stay healthy. It's just for an hour or so, so she can check up on how you're doing."

Camila let out a sigh of relief. "Okay."

It was around four o'clock when they all went to Ally and Dinah's. Dinah was the one to open the door, letting them in to see Ally and a brunette sitting on the couch. Lauren and Camila walked forwards but Normani stayed behind with Dinah to chat of course.

"Hey! Lauren, Camila, this is the vet I was talking about." Ally introduced the girl next to her.

"Hi. I'm Hailee." She introduced herself, and put her hand out. Camila, once again like she had with Ally the first time, gave it a playful sort of high five rather than a shake. Hailee laughed, looking at the girl curiously.

"My name is Camila." She declared.

"And I'm Lauren." The raven haired girl put out her own hand for Hailee to shake, which she did.

"Great. Ally told me all about you, I think your tail and ears are really cool, but as far as I've heard that's not all you may have from a dog?" Hailee was talking more directly to Camila rather than to Lauren, which may of bothered her the slightest bit.

"Um, yeah. She got a little sick last night." Lauren admitted.

"Yo, cause you're not supposed to feed a dog chocolate!" Dinah called from the other room. Her and Normani burst out into laughter.