Chapter Ten

Camila's eyes didn't leave Lauren, even as the girl began to laugh along with Normani.

"Sorry Mila... we were watching you run in your sleep." Normani explained through a fit of giggles.

"Hey, you okay?" Lauren asked, more seriously, as Normani left the room. Camila's jaw was left askew as she closely examined Lauren's face. It couldn't have been Lauren in her dream. It was a wolf in her dream. A black furred, green eyed, feminine, she wolf who closely resembled Lauren. It wasn't even all physical though. She could sense it was Lauren. She was strangely comforted by the mysterious wolf she could feel the connection just like the first time she met Lauren herself.

"Camz?" Lauren repeated, seriously concerned on what had left the girl so speechless.

"I want to sleep with you." Camila said suddenly.

"Um, what?" Lauren's voice cracked and she began to blush as Lauren began crawling towards her.

"Just tonight." Camz said, then jumping onto the bed and crawling under the sheets to curl herself up. "I'm having trouble sleeping in my bed, can I sleep in yours?" Camila asked, already closing her eyes.

"Oh, that's what you uh... Yeah. Sure thing Camz." Lauren shrugged, laying down on the other side of the bed. "I move in my sleep a lot, so sorry if I kick you or something" Lauren apologized in advance, laughing a little and getting settled under the covers so her back was facing Camila.

"Good night." Camila said quietly.

"Good night."

Camila dreamed again that night. She was in the same clearing. The same green grass beneath them and the smell of Lauren filling the air. Camila recognized it like the smell of the first sweatshirt of Lauren's she wore.

This dream was much less straight forward. One moment she would be across the clearing form Lauren and another moment she would be directly beside her, their pelts pressed against each other as they cuddled. Other moments seemed more like montages. She could see Lauren as a wolf for one second, the way her eyes opened with intensity and another moment could see Lauren herself, and the way her eyes looked when she smiled.

When Camila woke up, she was nowhere close to where she was sleeping before. Instead of being on her own designated side, she was directly behind Lauren, holding her from behind with her arms wrapped around the girl's lower torso.

Her face was buried where Lauren's shoulder met her neck, and her nose inhaling Lauren's familiar scent. She didn't want to move away, but was worried she'd scare Lauren, who she thought was still sleeping. It was still pretty early. maybe around 3 AM.

In reality, Lauren was awake ever since the moment Camila had unconsciously held her in her sleep. It was a little surprising at first, especially when Lauren thought the girl was awake, but after calling her name a few times and receiving no reply, Lauren realized the girl was asleep.

When Camila finally pressed her face into Lauren's neck, was when she truly took in how it felt. It felt safe and calm. Everything was quiet and everything was motionless besides the occasional times which Camila's ear would twitch against the spot right beneath Lauren's ear, which made her grin slightly every time. But with Camila's arms wrapped around her and body pressed against hers, it felt comforting; a feeling that couldn't be replaced with any other.

So, when Camila pulled back suddenly, moving their bodies apart, Lauren couldn't help but feel disappointed. She missed the warms of Camila's breath against her neck ever since the moment it left, and the feeling of being held by someone too.

Camila, herself wasn't exactly pleased by the loss of comfort either. She didn't know what to hug now, so she simply curled back up into a ball to go to sleep once more. She didn't dream again that night. Not of chasing Lauren, or being with Lauren or the girl's familiar smell.