Chapter Twenty

"You know, you should leave some things to us, silly." Lauren laughed as she rubbed the towel over Camila's wet hair and wolf ears. The girl was sitting wrapped in a cozy towel on the bed after her shower and near bathroom flooding.

"I wanted to do something myself! You and Normani get to shower on your own. Why don't you trust me?" Camila mumbled and Lauren raised a brow. "Well, why do you not trust me to teach me things? I was able to drink that adult drink. Can't you teach me how to do other adult things?"

Camila brought her hand to touch Lauren's forearm as she spoke. Lauren blushed before she stuttered out, "L-like what?"

Camila shrugged, now grasping the towel lightly. "Brush my teeth alone. Shower alone. Make my own ramen."

"For your information, brushing your teeth could result in a choking hazard, showering on your own could result in you drowning or something since you seize up when you see too much water, and making your own ramen would be a serious fire hazard." Lauren said , walking over to the drawer to pull out some clean clothes, only to realize most were still lying in the bed from Camila's strange sleeping method the night before.

"Teach me how to do things Lauren. I want to be like other humans. I want to play video games and make friends at school and read books and write stories. I wanna have a job." Camila whined, lowering her ears a bit in frustration.

"Camz, it would be a little hard to find you a place where they don't mind a hybrid going undercover there. I can't possibly think of a place where they'd allow it." Lauren laughed. "And Camila, you're twenty two years old. You're a little old to go to middle school, which is about your academic level level."

Camila let out a huff of frustration. "I want to be normal." She sighed and flattened her ears as she crossed her arms

"Being normal is overrated, baby." Lauren laughed, and gave her a pat on the head. "Look at it this way, you don't have to work, which is what most people work until they're sixty-something just to be able to do."

"But I want to help you, Lauren. I want to help you and Mani. Things cost money and I want to get money so you can have more things and be happy." Camila looked up at Lauren and cuddled her towel.

Lauren blushed and then smiled before ending the conversation, "Maybe we could find something for you to do."

Camila smiled and jumped off of the bed and to her feet, dropping the towel and walking towards her clothes for the day, which were set on the end of the bed.

Lauren went red, seeing the girl butt naked and instead aimed her eyes at the ceiling. Although she doubted that the girl would feel uncomfortable with Lauren's eyes on her body, after all the girl unabashedly flaunted herself the first day she magically poofed into their apartment. However, she felt uncomfortable just looking at her unclothed so casually. Something about it just felt odd.

"Camila, maybe you should just leave it to us. I like being able to take care of you." The raven haired girl offered but Camila shook her head as she struggled to latch her bra.

"I want to work and I want to be like you." The hybrid stubborns said. Lauren giggled and approached the girl, who was facing away from her, and hooked her bra for her.

"Are you sure? It's not as glorious as it seems." Lauren insisted and helped pull a shirt over Camila's head.

The young wolf girl turned around with bright eyes, "I am sure Lauren. I want to be a normal human and work!" Lauren let out a sigh, then paused before responding.

"I'll see what I can do. It's just risky. If someone finds out about you being different then you could be taken away from me. I don't want that."