[01]

Jayeon's eyes focused on the pixelated image as she stared at the TV screen, controller in both hands

Jayeon's eyes focused on the pixelated image as she stared at the TV screen, controller in both hands. Her brother, Taemin, persisted in demotivating her to win the game, but who was he kidding? He could never beat her in this game.

Taemin, her brother—the one and only person in this world who could get on her nerves without even trying. Even the age gap was decent, but that never stopped him from annoying her every now and then.

A series of curses escaped his mouth, only to be met with a pillow from Jia, their mom, who was waiting for their little game to end. "No cursing in this household," her voice dulled by the TV sounds.

Slash, hits, and victory. A smile settled on Jayeon's lips; Taemin dropped the controller and gave her a playful push.

He lost.

"You cheater," he grumbled, heading to his room only to return with a hoodie.

"Are you up for another round?" Jayeon asked, quickly enveloping herself in the purple hoodie he bought last week.

She liked the hoodie, but she knew that he would never give it to her easily, so she decided to use the bet card that always seemed to work.

"I don't have time; I'm going out with friends," Taemin said, grabbing his skateboard, and as if on time, the doorbell rang.

"Who are you going with?" Jayeon inquired, being the nosy sister he thinks she is.

"I'm not 10," he retorted while rolling his eyes. His hands took out his shoes from the cabinet while fixing the cap over his head.

"Why can't you just tell me?" Before Jayeon could finish her sentence, a male voice shouted from outside, "Taemin, are you coming or not?"

"Ah, Jungkook is here?" Jia asked while Taemin just nodded. "Why not ask him to come inside for a bit."

"Mom, we'll be late," he whined but still invited him in.

"Friends," Jayeon snorted while focusing on the TV screen.

Jungkook entered the living area; he was about to greet Jia, but his figure paused, looking over the girl playing on the TV.

Her hair was longer than the last time he had seen her. A dark purple lock didn't go unnoticed by him.

"How have you been, Kook?" Jia asked as she passed them to look at the pot in the kitchen.

Jungkook's eyes snapped towards Jia. He cleared his throat and greeted her politely.

Jayeon couldn't hear anything as her ears were covered with headphones which Jungkook thought were too big for her little head.

"Wait here, I'll be back in a minute. I think this shirt stinks," Taemin forced his shirt's fabric towards Jungkook's nose only to get pushed by him.

Once again his eyes focused on the female sitting on the carpet with her legs crossed. Her back was the only thing visible to him, yet he could easily tell who the person was.

Her curves were still the same. Jungkook couldn't take his eyes off her figure, but suddenly he diverted his eyes when Jayeon looked back towards him.

She slid one side of the headphone. Her fingers paused the game. Her eyes widened a bit when she took in the appearance of the boy in front of her.

He was tall. No, he had grown very tall. She couldn't believe her own eyes. Can a person really change this much in only 2 years? Well, certainly he did, so that might be possible.

His cheeks had lost all the baby fat that he had the last time she saw him. She remembered him being the same height as her, but now he is definitely much taller than her.

His hairstyle had also completely changed.

Jayeon smiled a bit towards the boy, making him smile shyly at her.

His shyness hadn't changed a bit, thought Jayeon.

"Hey, Jungkook," she greeted with a nod. "Hi Noona," his voice had changed, making her feel like she was talking to a different person.

As she was about to say something more, her words were cut off by her brother.

"We can do the hi-hellos later," Taemin said, dragging Jungkook with him.

Jungkook bit his inner cheeks. He was very much happy there. Maybe a little bit too much. Now he wanted to drop their hangout and do soemthing else, something more productive according to him.

Jayeon chuckled, watching them leave, and continued her gaming session. The familiar sound of the front door closing echoed, signaling that they left.

"Jungkook, he seemed different from the last time I saw him," Jayeon said while focusing on the big monster in the game.

"Well, he's not that little kid who used to tag along with Taemin anymore," Jia chuckled.

Moments later, Jayeon's phone buzzed with a message from Taemin.

"We're grabbing some food. Don't wait up."

She ignored it, and her attention was back on her game once more.

_______________________________________

I have a practical in few days and here I'm publishing a new book haha😶

I need help.

ANYWAYS, do tell me what you think about this.