[04]

° J A Y E O N °

° J A Y E O N °

I've been observing these people for the last 20 minutes; this is my third drink.

Who even hosts a reunion at a club? Of course, that dumbass Jaemin.

As I gulped down this drink too, now my bladder was full. Damn.

Shouldn't have drunk this much. My stomach is hurting now, and I need to pee.

"Hey, hey, hey, look who's here." As I was about to get up and leave to search for the washroom, someone's voice made me stop in my tracks.

I turned around and plastered a smile on my lips. "Hi, Yoona."

Her smile wavered a bit as she looked at me. I mean, of course, she would feel rage, being the main culprit who made my high school life a living hell.

But look at them now, just living off their parents' money; her minions are still by her side. The scene looks exactly like it did when we were all still 17.

"Oh, shut up, or else the next thing will be your face smashing against the mirror," I crawled back against the bathroom walls when she took one more step toward me.

I'm not a coward; it's just that they outnumber me. The power she possesses is staggering; it's crazy how not even a single teacher says a word against her because they are afraid to lose their jobs.

Another scream escaped my throat when she kicked the side of my abdomen.

The next thing I knew, a basket full of dirty water was poured over my body, and I was knocked out.

I was never afraid of her, not when I was 17, not now, and never will be.

They are mentally retarted people who find joy in tormenting those they perceive as inferior.

They did their best to make me end my own life, kill my own happiness just because they bullied me?

Who are they even kidding? Look at me now, standing in front of her, in one piece, and living my life to the fullest.

I had my fair share of struggles, but they only strengthened me.

"You all are still following her, pfft," I snorted while looking over at the girls beside her who looked down in shame. Funny how no one knew their names in high school too because Yoona always makes everything about her.

Yoona was about to say something, but I just turned my back towards them and walked away.

I don't want drama tonight.

As I walked through the crowd towards the end where there was a sign for the washroom, the closer I got, the more disgusting sounds reached my ears. Were they really going to act like high schoolers, making out in the washrooms? Disgusting.

Upon opening the door, my eyes met Jaemin's, and a snort escaped my mouth.

These people seriously need to understand what adulthood truly means.

They were busy eating each other's lips over the sink. How many bacteria must be there?

My mind was still thinking about the possibility of the girl getting some kind of infection when my body knocked with someone, Taeyon.

My body froze when I saw his eyes. My head started filling up with different thoughts.

"Aha" He said while his hands tightly secured over my waist. I quickly retreated my figure from his touch, making him remove his hands from my waist.

"Sorry, I was not paying attention" I said while I watched how his eyes were looking at me, especially over my face as if he was searching for something.

"Is there something over my face?" I mumbled while touching it. He just shook his head in response. His face held a spark of amusement in it.

"Oh, nothing's wrong. I was just wondering where the scar is," he taunted, tilting his head, analyzing my reaction. The smirk grew wider when he saw my lifeless face.

My heart stopped beating or maybe escalated to an inhuman speed. Ofcourse he would remember it. How were you so sure that they didn't invited you here to make fun of you, why did you even thought that they might have changed.

When he got no response from me he started laughing at my face. Panic started seizing me. The fear started crawling over my heart.

I have to go

I have to go

I have to go

With a shaky breath, I pushed against him, desperate to escape.

I've to go home.

Navigating the dance floor, tear-filled eyes betrayed my misplaced confidence. I thought I was strong enough to leave the past behind.

Someone gripped my wrist-Yoona.

My eyes burned with tears, realizing how wrong I was to think that this reunion would not affect me, how wrong I was to think that I was finally strong enough to forget about it.

I struggled against her grasp, feeling transported back to the traumatic memory in the washroom, my whole body wet due to the water they just poured over me and the itching over my stomach started growing.

It's just a game, a trick of the mind. There's no scar; he never touched me.

They never touched me, this never happened. It's just an illusion.

With a forceful tug, I broke free, making her laugh.

Suddenly, my body sprinted towards the exit. Eyes followed me, amusement, confusion, and hatred all mingled in the crowd.

I shouldn't have agreed to come here in the first place.

I frantically fiddled inside my purse, my hands trembling, making it challenging to locate my phone. Frustration bubbled within me, and a scream of exasperation escaped my lips.

In a desperate attempt, I upended the entire contents of my bag onto the roadside, hoping to uncover the device between these scattered items.

Gasping for breath, I finally found my phone buried beneath a lipstick, a crumpled receipt, and a tangled mess of keys. My trembling fingers struggled to unlock it as I darted a glance over my shoulder, half-expecting Yoona and her minions to catch up.

My heart sank as Taemin's call went unanswered, the seconds stretching into an agonizing silence. Just as I was about to redial, a surprising voice filled the line.

"Hello noona" it was jungkook. "Taemin left his phone, aunt asked him to buy something from supermarket, that's why-"

As he was explaining things which surely felt unnecessary to my feared heart. I cut him off as a cry left my mouth.

Tears welled up in my eyes, a mixture of relief and frustration. "Please, come get me" I pleaded, my voice shaky.

_______________________________________

This part was the most anticipated one, I wrote it for like 2 times from the scartch as I was not satisfied with her emotions. I wanted to show the vulnerability, the fear.

I hope I was able to convey it well.

Oh and the part which is written in the middle is a scene from her past.

If you liked it then please do vote and comment your opinions about this book.

Are you enjoying it?
If yes then please share it with your friends who would love to read my book.

Love you all ❤️
Take care and stay healty.