1: Debt Paid through Signature

Where am I?

The only thing I could see behind my eyelids was the jarring feeling of a bright light encompassing my vision. I groggily opened my eyes, squinting. I tried to shield my eyes from this burning light, but I was completely tied down to some type of metal pole.

I looked around, the rest of the room was pitch black. Suddenly realisation hit me, and I had much bigger problems than just the light.

A gunshot in the distance. Not sure where, but it made me flinch regardless. Sure, I was used to gunshots in Hell, but deafening ringing silence will really make you forget what sound even sounded like. It was so silent that the metallic ringing of the bullet hitting the ground was ear-piercing.

I shifted my wings uncomfortably. 'Did they really have to tie these down too..' I wished I could murmur out. No, my mouth wasn't taped down, I was just frozen in dead fear. I mean, you can't blame me for being scared of the biggest, most relevant and BITCHY Overlords in all of Hell.

"[Y/N]," a sultry voice cooed in my ear. I held back a gag, recognising the smell of sex and smoke all over him. The feeling he emitted, made me feel obligated to do whatever he asked. "Do you remember when you borrowed the money?" Another gunshot.

"I-," I choked up. I hated his voice I hated his stench of half of Hell's pornstars all over him. And yet, I chose to borrow from him out of every other sketchy money-lending demon. He was a disgusting excuse of a man, but what could a mere sinner like me even retaliate with? No power, no status, just some street rat to someone like him. "3 months ago.." I managed to spit out. The once irritating light that took up my whole vision suddenly faded into the background as his blood-red eyes focused into my view.

"And when were you supposed to pay me?" A trail of smoke followed his dark silhouette. That signature red smoke. My heart was in my throat, I didn't know why, it felt too.. unsettlingly familiar. I've smelled that before, I've tasted that before.

His silhouette leaned closer towards me, closer towards the light, revealing that tall porn-making pimp.. that I borrowed a bunch of money from 3 months ago.

"Yesterday," if I wouldn't get shot, I would've said it laced with annoyance, but instead I was still submitting to his terrifying aura. Eye contact with someone without pupils is weird, I didn't know where to look so my eyes were darting everywhere but his face.

He leaned forward some more, blocking the light still blasting on my face. His whole face darkened, except for his glowing red eyes. I picked at the rope that held me down hopelessly, ruffling my wings to get free.

Bad mistake, he punched my left wing, holding me down against the pole. I bit my lip, the taste of blood coating the inside of my mouth as I tried to stifle my scream. I hated every bit of this. I should've just been homeless or died on the street than try and live a normal life. I had to accept it; this was Hell, and I was a player.

A weak and disposable player.

"So, how are you gonna pay me back, sweetie?" He leaned an inch to close to my face, the noxious smell of alcohol spilling from between his teeth. I felt the ground rumble a little after another gunshot, this time right next to my foot. My heart was racing, but I had mostly accepted that he would've just shot my body and dumped it. "I could make you a.." he licked my cheek, "star.."

What did he just say? I tried to stop myself from cringing from disgust. My mind told me no, but my wallet told me, "I think you should do it!" But ultimately the smell of whatever drugs he's been smoking or whatever he licked me with infiltrated my nose, or got absorbed into my skin or whatever. He shot again, this time the bullet just slightly grazing my wing.

I shuddered for the hundredth time. His cold hands caressed my waist, trying to drag me into his porn scene. He leaned into my ear, grazing his teeth on my ear, "You could be famous." His hands continued to wander, as though he was trying to map out my body on touch alone. He got closer and closer to the places that were completely off-limits.

"All it takes is your signature.." He poofed in a golden scroll with a line at the bottom.

He took a puff of his cigar, blowing out a red, heart-shaped cloud of smoke in my face. I tried to hold my breath, but it made its way into my nose and into my brain.

I mean, it doesn't sound too shabby.. I tried to rationalise the idea of being a porn star in the first place. I did borrow a good amount of money... An amount I probably won't pay back. If I were a star, I could probably drink all I wanted and gamble whatever I had on a game of poker and not have to worry about losing it.. It's either I live, or

"It's either you die, or you fuck." Valentino's eyes narrowed into slits. Whatever seductive look he had on his face immediately faded into one of annoyance. He looked at the scroll contently, grinning with a lace of menace. Whatever attraction I had felt immediately snapped off. I woke up back to reality, looking at the scroll with..

my NAME?

SHITSHITSHITSHIT

He let all his dirty disgusting slut-ridden hands off me, walking away back into the darkness. He snapped, all the lights turning on in what turned out to be some recording studio, the ropes that tied me poofing away. Far ahead, a group of people handling the lights or whatever were sitting in chairs, most of them being randos. Maybe some rich people I don't know. I was scanning to try and identify any of them as I walked by, and I spotted Vox, of Voxtek. Why was he here even bothering to watch some random peasant sign up to be a porn actor? Watching his coworker caress some other sinner?

He glanced over at me, looking unamused. He then rolled his eyes and started scrolling on his phone, walking towards a door that I had not seen before. I assumed that I had to walk out that door too, as seemingly no one else of significance was even still in the room. I followed suit with the rest of the possibly high-ranking executives or maybe just some other random audience members walk out. I tiptoed to try and spot Valentino to ask for directions (I wish I hadn't signed the contract; I hadn't even read it!) But to no avail.

Probably tryna seduce another woman and get her to sign a contract against her will. What have I gotten myself into, Valentino definitely doesn't seem like the nicest boss, considering the things he did just to get me to join. How long even was the contract? I prayed that it was short, but how long would a "short time" even be in an eternal Hell?

I snapped back to reality and stopped asking myself existential questions before I went crazy. I looked for someone else who I knew definitely had some kind of authority and direction for me to head to.

Speaking of heads, I spotted a more oddly angular head in the distance. (I'm talking big-boss-Vox, if you didn't get it.) I tried my best to shimmy through the crowd of people to get to Vox, who was "leading" the crowd.

I stretched out my wings to make more space (to get people away from me). Although I wasn't wearing anything too skimpy, because Valentino was gracious enough to not make me wear clothes that are meant to be taken off during an interrogation, the sinners and demons around me were just, too close for comfort. Just because they all just saw me become a porn star doesn't mean they can treat me like I'm in a porno right now!

After what felt like too long, I finally got to Vox.

"Er, hi Mr Vox," I tried to greet. he barely lifted his head from his screen (well, technically they're both screens), merely glancing over and looking back. I stifled a groan and continued, "where am I supposed to go, exactly?" I tried to give a polite smile to some corporate overlord who didn't seem to have very good manners.

Gosh, are they really gonna be my bosses..

A/N: Hi guys, sorry that there's not much Vox in this, I'm gonna try and make it a more angst and interesting fanfic. I will give yall the fluff, don't worry️ I just want to build thia story up from the ground is all. I'll try and include him more often, but Val will also be super involved in this. (dw Val haters, he'll be a bad guy)