2: A Video Chat

After what felt like a dozen working days, Vox finally turned on his hearing receptors or whatever TVs even have and acknowledged my voice, "Foward, left, right, turn at the second right and down the hall to the left." He recited, as though he had said this a thousand times before (which he probably has), not once even looking up from his phone. 'What is he even doing on his phone anyway'  I wished I could've asked.

"Sorry, do you have a map of the place, by any chance?" I mustered what little respect I had left just to speak to him in a polite tone. After what his co-CEO or whatever just pulled, seducing me into a job in such a casual manner, I doubted that I could ever learn to respect the company that I worked for, ever.

He groaned. Dude, how annoyed is he? I literally just asked for a map.

"I'll just get someone to bring you," he muttered, turning around to check if any of his employees were willing to guide me. I turned as he did, but everyone had already went their separate ways. "Ugh, why do I even pay them," He bitched.

"That was quick," I murmured. Did I do something to scare them off? Probably (not?). Vox's stern and annoyed face softened for just a second, maybe a wrinkle or two just disappeared, before returning back immediately. I didn't really catch it clearly, maybe it was just a glitch on his screen or that I saw it wrong.

He checked his phone again, reading the time on his lockscreen, then said soon after, "I'll bring you there then, I have time." I nodded half-heartedly, too busy observing his every move (out of fear, of course), so it was inevitable that I saw his wallpaper.

It was sooo, sooooo lame, literally just the Voxtek logo.

"Is the phone company-issued," I commented softly, snickering aloud. SHIT, did I really fucking say that out loud? I hope I dont get killed over dissing his phone..

"What does that mean," he grit his virtual teeth, inspecting it as though I meant there was something wrong with the device that he produced.

"Nothin'!" I tried to get him to un-grit his teeth. "Just tryna' compliment your... beautiful wallpaper, Mr Vox," nice save, me.

"What about it?" He asked in a monotone voice, raising an eyebrow. He glanced over at me like I was insulting him directly. I mean, maybe I was though.

"It looks great," I concluded, shrugging my wings out of boredom. Unsettling silence filled the room after I said that last sentence. Maybe I had ADHD, or that I was just trying to ignore the awkward silence, I decided to look around and check out the whole building. Since I was just being forced into signing a contract in what I assume to be a recording studio for television, I was 80% sure this was Vox's department. I looked around to see a bunch of darkly coloured flooring with some pattern on it, the walls being a slightly lighter shade of navy with techy-esque designs. It felt never ending and slightly hypnotic, I rubbed my eyes out of discomfort.

"Do you know what you just signed," Vox barely audibly sighed out. Man, is it just me or is our conversation getting softer and softer?

I shook my head in response, "I didn't even know I signed it." Vox raised his eyebrows in a slight hit of shock, but went back to being unamused as always.

"Huh, didn't know he's been smoking all that in front of potential hoes and it's been doing something," he explained his very very mild shock. "But it's something he would do." He shrugged. We returned back into momentary silence.

Nonono I don't want to get into the worst silence ever, I immediately tried to think of something to say to avoid it.

"But to be honest," Vox turned to face me slightly as I spoke. "I don't want to get into this job at all, I'd rather he'd kill me or something than get all my holes fiddled with." Vox opened his mouth momentarily, as though he had something to say, before shutting it again, for once listening attentively.