Chapter 6

Daria Pov,

I gazed wearily at my reflection in the mirror of my bathroom, the weight of sleepless night evident in my tired eyes. The last night had me tossing and turning, unable to shake off thought of Bella and her bakery. Desperate to make a connection, I poured all my emotions into a heartfelt letter, only to be met with silence.

The anticipation and uncertainty were driving to the edge.

And it still does.

I tried to recall every word Bella wrote and I remembered her specifically mentioning this exact address.

But, How could there be no any sign of  bakery!?

And suddenly, I found myself questioning everything.

She didn't tell me the wrong address, did she? No..no there's no way she would do that.

Things are getting really confusing! She mentioned the bakery address back in November, and now it's March. But here's the kicker, I haven't heard from her since the first week of February. Even if she had moved to another place, but the thing is that the people at the address she mentioned have no clue about any bakery or someone named Bella. It's like a big puzzle that doesn't fit together at all.

As I splashed water on my face, I heard Zumi shouting from outside " Daria, you there? You don't wanna be late at your very first day of college, do you? We'll leave in half of an hour."

As Zumi reminded me not to be late on my first day of college, a surge of realization washed over me. I completely forgot that I was actually going to study at the college I've always dreamed of, right here in LA, California. I felt mix of emotions, not quite excited but not completely unexcited either. Coming to LA meant not only fulfilling my academic dreams but also meeting with my bestfriend, Bella.

But then, it was such a tragedy that she wasn't here and I had no clue where she could be.

I shrugged off all the thoughts and got ready for college.

--‐----------------------------

"You excited? as it's your dream college" Zumi asked as she glanced at me real quick, focused on driving.

I turned to her "I don't know." I sighed as I didn't even know what I was actually feeling.

"Is it because of yesterday's incident?" I could feel her eyes on me. "Daria, don't overthink about yesterday's incident, okay? May be it was just a mix-up with the address or Bella accidentally typed it wrong. We'll track down her together, I promise. We'll find a way to her" she said reassuring, her voice calmed.

I sighed as I nodded.

After hearing her out, I felt elated as I never had any friend to reassure me like this before.

But for some reason, I had this gut feeling that something wasn't quite right.

Something wasn't right at all.

As we reached the university, I stepped out of the car, my eyes fell on the university I've always dreamed of attending which was just right infront of me.

Zumi pulled into the driveway and parked the car. She came to me saying "since our majors are different, we gotta go our separate ways for now. But no worries, the art building is right there, and behind it is the business building. Let's meet at the break in the cafeteria, alright? And hey, no need to be nervous, you've got this!"

"Okay. Then, see you at the cafeteria" I said, smiling at her. Zumi then headed to the business building.

Even if I was smiling but in reality I was hella nervous.