35: poor soul!

I was amazed at her sentence, so very amazed at her words. She just said out the answer to the question I've been having in me. I found myself saying out the exact reason why I liked her.

"You don't need reasons to like some one if you truly like them?"

I kept repeating that inwardly till I heard her answered me. I wanted to laugh at that. But I just said, "it's not a question weirdo."

Sincerely, I was more than happy.
So, that's it? That I don't have any reason to like Jasmine if I truly like her. And that means I like her. It means liking her comes natural for me. And I don't need reason for that.

It means when it comes to liking her it's natural for me and I don't have a reason to like her.

I found out the answer!

I smiled widely at Jasmine before overhearing Camilla calling me. I quickly told Jasmine bye not after making fun of her weird sunglasses.

We walked to class along with Camilla. I just got in when I looked towards Jasmine. I just wanted to see her. But, then she wasn't having the sunglasses anymore. Her eyes looked red. So red. I was disturbed! What i'm afraid of has happened. Her eyes condition have worsened. That's why she wore the sunglasses. Poor soul!

I took my seat and I kept looking her way, I wanted to know how she was doing with those eyes. I felt pain in my heart over her eyes condition. Couldn't even concentrate even while my test questions was given to me. I kept thinking of what might be going in her head, kept thinking of the amount of pain she must have been feeling. Kept thinking whether those eyes kept troubling her throughout today and last night. All I wanted was for the class to end, so I get her to the hospital.

I was annoyed at how slow the test marking was taking place. The minutes seemed to be walking slowly. Then I heard Jasmine got an A+ that was the only thing that gladdened my heart. I was happy for her. I looked towards her, giving a thumps up. She looked pretty and happy. But those eyes, those eyes were disturbing me.

Once the lecture finished I released a heavy sigh. I couldn't be more happier. I quickly turned my head towards Jasmine. Before I could dissipate a thing she had already put back her sunglasses and left the class. 

I quickly got off and went after her.

I've heard Camilla calling me. That's when I remembered I was supposed to go with her to her modelling contest scheduled to take place this evening. But Jasmine's eyes.

I felt Camilla's hands on my shoulder, she opened her mouth to talk when I cut her off, I knew what she would say, and it's not that important compared to Jasmine's eyes. Infact I didn't want to waste anymore minute here, unless with Jasmine.

"I'm sorry Camilla. Maybe next time." I quickly said before walking past her, I intensified my walking speed and jogged up to catch up with Jasmine.

"Jasmine!" I began calling her name as I was running.

"Jasmine!" I called again looking all round the parking lot.

When I didn't see her I grabbed a bunch of my hair exasperatedly. Where could she be at?

"Jasmine!" I called again. That's when I turned around, it happened as if someone asked me to, and there I saw her standing along with Camilla. Seemed like Camilla was talking to her.

I took a step to go to them, when Camilla locked eyes with me. She snared at Jasmine before she walked off. I stood there, thinking of what Camilla could possibly say to her. Camilla can be so cold. And I don't want her to make Jasmine cry. Please don't cry Jasmine!

I couldn't move from my spot as I watched Jasmine standing, while Camilla was already out of sight, then I heard a crazy roar of a car engine, I turned around and saw the end of Camilla's car. She had sped off. I wonder what Jasmine must be thinking of. I couldn't even see her face, since she had her back to me. She was still standing and I didn't move from my spot as well.

Then I watched as she turned around and began walking slowly, with every step she took, so was my heart sanking. She looked sad.

We were finally few feets away. "Jasmine." I whispered. She looked at me for a few moments before she finally took her eyes off me. I quickly jogged to her. "What did she say?" I asked calmly. But she refused to even look at me, lest replying.

"What did she say?" I asked again losing my patience.

"What did she say?" I shouted and banged my feet on the floor.

I saw Jasmine shrieked. And I felt bad about that. I never meant to scare her.

"Don't shout!" She calmly commanded.

"Alright, i'm sorry." I apologised to her, before licking away my lips and using both hands to cover up my face. Then I looked at Jasmine. "Please what did she say?"

"Nothing." She replied.

I simply nodded before walking towards my car, "don't think too much about it. Common let's get you to the hospital." I said. I turned around a bit. Then I saw she was coming with me. I opened the door for her and waited till she got in before closing it and getting to the other side of the car. I drove to a nearby hospital, Edinburgh hospital. I chose that one because it was nearest to her house. In case I wouldn't be around she won't have problem going there i'm sure.

At the hospital I sympathised with Jasmine over her misfortune. I couldn't help but be so miserable over hearing that. Wanting to cry but being warned by doctors not to if you value your eyes as crying would only intensify it was by far the most heart wrenching moments I've witnessed. Jasmine became all gloomy. I really felt bad about it. Once I got home the only thing I could ask my sister was to teach me to make an oatmeal. She was surprised at my comment and kept looking at me. But I wasn't joking. I wanted to cook her favorite dish for her and take it to school for her. I wanted to do something nice to her. I wanted to make her happy.

Later that night as I changed in to my pjs all I could do was stare at my 1.7m figure in the mirror. My skin looked unusually pale. I bet I look whiter than a white paper. But that's none of my problem, compared to what happened to my Jasmine. I want her to be safe.

I used a band and packed up my hair before going to sleep. I want to wake up as earlier as possible to make an oatmeal for her. Again i set my alarm to wake me by 5 in the morning.