38:sundown with dazzling soul

"Who even does that? You waste way too much money for my liking. Do you have a single idea what children over Africa are going through?" I said licking away my lips. I was furious. Why would he get me an expensive car as a gift just because i'm sick?

I didn't mean it any other way. But seemed like he think too much into it, because I saw his face expression dropped. And then I felt bad. I wasn't supposed to say that. But it was just that Iman and her grandma somehow appeared in my memory.

"Hey, look i'm sorry. I didn't mean that way. But, what you're gonna do with the rest now that you've bought them outta budget? I mean giving a random girl a car?" I asked looking keenly at him.

I heard him mumbled out something.

"You ain't a random girl. You just don't get it." He said as he licked away his dry lips, scattered his hair and moved back a little.

I stopped there as I watched him sprung up to the three delivery guys that stood few meters away from us.

"Seriously?" I just said before getting back in my house and banging the door.

9 hours later

We just finished praying maghrib Salah. I just got out of the bedroom where I prayed. I came out to see Adams saying his salam. He just finished praying as well.

I went over and occupied one of the sofas. Later on, Adams joined as well. And Camilla been on her phone. Finally she dropped that book!

All I wanted was to watch a movie. And I have no idea why? And i'm so sure it's even out of thought. Unless I want to loss my sight then I should go ahead and watch a movie.

"Have never been a fan of movies. But now that I need to take care of my eyes and limits looking at phones and system. There's constant feeling of wanting to watch one." I found myself telling Adams.

He surveyed me before finally releasing a sigh.

"Wear something radiant." He said. I looked confused. I gawked at myself a bit, I was in my PJs. What's wrong with them? They are comfy, plain-modest-trousers and shirt.

I noticed Camilla buried in her book, she was no longer pressing her phone. Arghh seems like she can't ever get off that thing. I finally nodded my head. I got in my room and emptied the first gift bag I noticed in the room.

Too girlish for my liking!

I got dressed in that before sauntering out of the room.

Camilla observed me before rolling her eyes and looking away.

Adams was nowhere to be found. He wasn't in the room. I gently sat on the sofa as I waited for him to show up. Suddenly the door creaked ajar and came in Adams.

"Common let's go." He said.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Nowhere, just outside so you take your mind off things." He said. I took notice of Camilla. "Camilla you can come with us." I said. She refused to talk to me and Adams began laughing at me. I ignored him and walked outside as he widened the door for me.

He opened his car door for me and I got in.

After a while of sitting silently with the heater of his car warming me up, and a light music from the car panel, he finally cleared his voice.

He stood up from the car seat slightly and reached for something at the back of his car. He handed it to me.

"Look at that." He simply said.

Once I glanced at it my breath hitched.

Ya Rabb." I whispered.

"You like it?" He asked. And I nodded at him, without getting my eyes off the frame he gave me. I couldn't seem to get my eyes off it. It was the most beautiful thing ever. It was a drawing of me from the day he complimented my dress. I had no idea when he got a picture of me, neither when he created an artistic drawing of it. "It's beautiful." I said again, smiling gently.

"Wait a second." I heard Adams said. "Close your eyes." He added. And I did. Then I heard a click sound. I chuckled up at that. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Open up!" He said and I opened my eyes.

"What did you do?" I asked still having a smile on my face.

"I snapped a pic of the most beautiful girl my eyes have ever seen. But I can't show her cause I want her eyes to get better." He said and I smiled at that.

We continued seating there in the car as the songs in his car replays.

There we got to watch the nice view of sundown. And indeed it took off my mind. It blown me away. We were there when the moon and the stars graced the sky too.

Just us in a car with a treat you better playing in the background, awesome scents of Adams car, the gentle warming of heater along with the moon and stars. Just amazing!

"Ma'am may I describe you in five words?"

That sounds so creepy. I gawked at him. I didn't say anything.

He smirked at me before saying, "stunning, breathtaking, radiant, mesmerizing, and so soooo dazzling."

Wow he's flattering me. I forced out a smile. "Thank you!" I said.

"Be unabashedly aware of your fresh right?" He added and I gently nodded with a smile.

I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted cryin'
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can

Wow that's one weird stanza, judging from the situation at hand. We locked eyes with Adams at that. Before we bursted out laughing.

"So is the glass half full or half empty?" Adams asked. I was confused. I had no idea what he meant. I looked to the side and touched the window glass of his car. "It's full?" I said in more like a question. Because, I didn't understand what he meant.