Chapter 0.1 (Teaser)

"I am retiring, Marlorn." A voice heavy with the burdens that he had been carrying for the past 20 years or so, weighing down on his shoulders like a tangible weight. With a quick motion of his arm, King Grey removed the medal hanging like a weighty accolade around his neck and placed it on the table in front of the council head. 

Just as he had arrived, his burly frame turned on his heel with swiftness that belied his built body. As he walked away, his thoughts and emotions weighing down on his mind and wary heart, he pushed them to the side, burying them into the intangible grave he had built for it, deep inside, in the far corners of his psyche that was on the brink of shattering. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
"This feels odd." Kiyotaka spoke to himself, his head digging deep into the plush pillow as his brown strands layered beneath the weight of his head. Blinking his eyes a few times, his hand reached out for the buzzing phone inside his pocket. Taking it out, he looked at it. 

The name "K.K" flashed on the screen, followed by the momentary buzz. Sighing, he pressed the power button and placed it by his side, looking at the ceiling. His breath was slowing down, and despite his effort to breathe more, he could do not do so. It was as if his lungs had refused to work anymore.  

Pulling at the few breaths he had left; he clutched his chest. His other hand moved to pick the phone, but it felt like someone was weighing down on him, pinning his arm to the side. With his lips quivering ever so slightly, Kiyotaka's eyes lost light, his face growing pale. 

As the soul slowly left his body, the only permanent thing that remained was his stoic demeanor, devoid of any emotion even when he was dying. The warmth dissipated from his body, but the tactile feeling of retaining his consciousness remained... although not inside his body. 

Synonymously speaking, a drifting consciousness.

(*********)
A/n
This is not a rewrite of the previous one. The previous TBATE x CoTE was a sad and tragic mess of my poor planning. So, I am making things right this time. Although, Kiyo is not Arthur this time. I am going with the cliche "Twin" brother route. Since I did it with Rudeus and it worked out well. Hehe. Well, see you all... later. I guess. (^^)"

pppssttt, someone help me with a cover. Pretty please?