Stage 2: Devaluation

Devaluation

"The second stage is when the relationship dynamics shift dramatically, and the intense affection and positive attention give way to more negative behaviours. The narcissist will become critical, dismissive, and potentially even emotionally or verbally abusive towards their partner—"

"Who's Maya?" you had dared ask him that night. He snatched the phone from your hands and played innocent, pretending there was nothing on it when clearly there were naked pictures of some model on his phone. It disgusted you. It angered you.

"Maya is just a friend," he says, dismissing the entire conversation with that sentence. "Maya just likes to be playful with me. She means nothing to me."

Why is that always the answer of a man when caught cheating? Their standard defence when they're caught in the act. Pressing on the topic only leads to his explosive and destructive reactions, and threats of deprivation of your precious lifestyle as his sugar baby, your lifeline. You decided to overlook this incident and continue being his sugar baby to maintain the fragile peace and preserve the love of your life.

But, to keep your sanity, you purchased a diary to write and catalogue your thoughts and feelings, keeping it hidden in a place Simon would never think to find. Your best friend Paige's house was perfect for this purpose, providing a secure and safe area to vent your frustrations without fear of Simon's discovery.

A week later, the arguments over Maya became the new topic in your relationship, but something has changed with Simon. He was no longer the loving and caring boyfriend and had become critical, dismissive, emotional, and verbally abusive towards you.

His unpredictable mood has made you wonder if this is even the man you fell in love with. He made you doubt yourself and even insulted you during arguments. When you would ask to see his phone, he'd refuse and insult you before changing the subject.

Misery crept into your soul with all these demands from Simon. About two days ago, he changed how you dressed and styled yourself. He commented about your weight and appearance to bring your self-esteem down. Hell, he had put you on a diet.

He didn't even let you pick out your clothes. That became his decision. You had no more freedom and no say in these decisions. Every aspect of your life is now under his control, just from discovering about Maya.

Saturday, November 25, 2019: A Story

I want to be alone

So I can enjoy the quietness

But, I can't enjoy quietness if I have so much stress and anxiety

I can't enjoy quietness if he's the one stressing me out

Because he caused my breakdown

I can't take it anymore

Should I stay or should I go?

Go just go

Obviously Y/N you're not happy at the moment

You'll never be happy if you just let go

Let go of life

Come with me, I'm here

Who are you? What do you want?

I am you of course

You hear how quiet it is up here

Come. Join me. All you have to do is let go