I'll go

"Ugh, yuk!" (BFF/N) says looking at her phone. I look over at her confused.

"You know that blind date I'm supposed to go on?" I nod. "Apparently it's with that Fulton guy from the hockey team."

"Ok, and?" I ask genuinely confused as to what the problem was.

"And I don't want to go if it's him! He seems super weird. Plus couldn't it have been like any of the other members? Most of them are cute." She says distraught.

"Hey, Fulton is ok! That's really mean. He's nice, he's in one of my classes. He's chill, and he has great hair." I say crossing my arms.

She sighs. "I know... I just meant he's not my type. And I don't think we'd have much in common. So it will be awkward." She says rubbing her arm.

I shake my head laughing. "You're right (BFF/N), you shouldn't go. It wouldn't be honest. I'll go, disguised as you." I joke.

"What if he wants to hold hands?" She says with a joke disgusted look on her face.

"I'm prepared to make that sacrifice." I say raising an eyebrow.

"What if he wants a kiss?" She smirks.

"I'm prepared to make that sacrifice." I cross my arms confidently.

"What if he...?" She says tapping her chin.

"You don't want to know how far I'll go." I say trying to seem serious.

She laughs. "Ok... But seriously what am I gonna do? I don't want to stand him up but I also don't want to go."

"Hmm... I'll actually go." I say seriously. She looks at me confused. "I'll explain everything to him, to soften the blow of being stood up. I'll try to be nicer than you were." I say laughing.

"If that's what you want." She says holding her hands up.