I went

I walk down the mall courtyard and see Fulton sitting where (BFF/N)'s blind date is meant to be. Nervously I walk up to him.

"Hey, Fulton." I say slightly taping him on the shoulder.

"Oh hey, (Y/N)! What are you doing here?" He asks looking up at me, smiling.

"I'm here on a mission or a job I guess. Question, are you meant to be here on a blind date?" I ask nervously.

He blushes slightly. "Uh, yeah actually. They haven't shown up yet. Are you my date?" He asks.

I chuckle slightly. "N-no, I'm sorta here to tell you they can't make it. Well actually... I don't want to lie to you. My friend, she found out it was you and she kinda felt like you guys wouldn't click. She didn't want to waste your time and make it awkward. So she kinda sent me. Well, I offered to tell you. So you wouldn't feel like you got stood up. Which I mean you did but-" I ramble awkwardly.

"(Y/N)! Ok! I get it. She didn't want to go on a date with me, cool." He says cutting me off.

"I mean, she doesn't hate you or anything, just-" He looks at me like he's gonna jokingly scold me. "Hm. Anyway, yeah sorry!" I say rubbing my neck.

"Ok, well now I have nothing to do." He looks around. "You wanna go get something to eat?" He asks pointing to a fast food place.

"Like a date?" I ask with a slight blush.

"Nah, just like, hang out. Unless you have something else to do?" He says kinda nonchalantly.

"Uh, yeah sure. I didn't have anything else planned. I'm hungry." I say as he stands up.

We walk over to get some food before sitting down. We talk and hang out while eating. We surprisingly have a lot in common.

We say goodbye and go our separate ways.