Why?

"Hey, you weren't here yesterday. The teacher put us in the same group." Fulton says as he takes a seat next to me before class.

"Oh! Yeah, had an appointment. What are we doing?" I ask looking over at him.

"Something about finding something that needs fixing and then suggested a way to fix it. Or I don't know. Here." He says taking out his work. He hands me the worksheet.

'Find a problem in the world and suggest a way to fix it. The world is full of problems, big ones and small ones. You must find a way to fix one of these small ones.' I read from the paper.

"Hmm, ok. Well, what did our team come up with?" I ask.

"Clothing size discrimination." He says dully.

"Like how a size 12 at one store is a size 10 at another or nice clothing only comes in smaller sizes?" I ask.

"Uh, the first one. I think, I don't know the girls chose it." He says vaguely waving at some popular girls in the back.

"Oh, of course." Before I could continue the teacher walked in, explaining what we must do before we split up into our groups.

"Hey, what do you have so far?" I ask taking a seat near the girls.

They scoff. "Nothing really. Just clothes should be the same size everywhere." One of them says.

I sigh. "Ok, let's get to work, we need ideas."

"Nah, this seemed fun yesterday but we don't want to do this. Plus we came up with the idea, you do the work." The other girl says.

"What, that's not fair! You guys wouldn't even listen to my ideas." Fulton says upset.

"Fulton, it's fine. Whatever you girl do what you want." I say as they turn away from us to talk to their friends. I turn to him. "They'll slow us down."

He grumbles slightly. "Ok, so ideas."

We sit and think for a bit throwing out ideas. Before we just start making jokes.

"What if... We make all the clothes out of balloons then they'll stretch over the body anyway. So a size 12 will actually fit a size 8 to a 16." Fulton says.

"Ah, but latex and similar stuff is hard to put on. We could make all clothing the same size and just use belts." I say.

"I know! Everyone can just go back to being naked all the time." He says smirking and laughing.

I laugh. "Yeah, then no one can complain because we'll all be wearing air." I joke.

"That's it. Our idea is to make all clothing out of air." He says seriously, taking his pen and writing it down.

"No... Dude this is a school project. We can't present "naked" as an option." I say shaking my head.

"Why not? If worked correctly it could work." He says smirking.

"Do you know how to flourish your words? To make it seem like we're not talking about something so immature?" I ask laughing.

"Does it matter? If we get bad grades then so do they." He says whispering pointing over to our other teammates.

"Kinda, it is out grades we're talking about." I say.

"Yeah, but one bad grade isn't gonna ruin us but it might for them." He says.

I sigh. "Ok, fine. Clothing made from oxygen. The new old frontier." I say knowing this isn't gonna end well.

We giggle coming up with ideas on how to present it. Drawing up sketches of our "clothing" to show. We decided to keep the underwear on our sketches because we're still at school after all. These people aren't naked, they're wearing clothes made of air. Scientifically made in a lab, with clear micro-polymers.

"Could you imagine the breeze!" I laugh.

"Ahem!" We hear behind us. We turn around to see the teacher looking over us. "What have your group been working on?" She asks.

"Uh, we're trying to solve the size inconsistencies within retail clothing stores." Fulton says smiling awkwardly.

"And?" She says.

"And... Uh. Well... Uh..." He stutters.

She picks up our drawings and scowls. "They're not wearing clothes." She says surprised.

"Uh, yeah. We, uh... Came up with a clear polymer-based air clothing thing. It would solve both the size and the status problems with clothing." I say looking down.

"They're naked." She says angrily. "Do something else!" She says slamming her hand down and walks off.

"I regret nothing!!!" Fulton yells with his hands up.

I look at him and shake my head. "I regret everything!!!" I say not quite yelling, slapping his arm. "I can't believe you convinced me to do that."