Chapter 134. It's A Terrible Life*

Deans POV

I hear my alarm go off, beeping loudly as I immediately shut it off. I sit up in my bed, seeing the alarm clock read 6:00am and I get up out of bed, walking over to my closet where I pick out my suit for today.

Minutes later, I make myself a cup of coffee from my espresso machine and take a sip from it. Now dressed in my business suit, my hair slicked down, I leave my home and cross the street to my silver Toyota Prius. 

Once inside the car, I start it up and rock music blares from the stereo. I look at it confused then change the station. "NRP, morning addition. It's time for this waste and-" The radio says as I smile and drive off.

******

After pulling up to my work place, I walk in and go towards the elevator. I enter and push my floor button when I hear hurried footsteps. "Hold the door!" A female voice says and before the door can close, I hold my arm to stop it.

A woman runs up to the elevator and walks inside it. "Thanks." She says to me as I look her over. She's very beautiful, her brunette hair curled in soft waves, very light makeup on her face. Her outfit consisted of a very tight black skirt, black wedges, a black blazer and a white shirt. My lips tilt as I see a tattoo on her ankle.

She holds a bag on her shoulder, holding the strap as I notice she looks a bit stressed. "Rough morning?" I ask as she glances over at me. "You could say that." She says, her voice strong, as the doors begin to close and the lift begins to move upwards.

"You wanna talk about it?" I ask politely. "Well, aren't you a nosy one?" She says sarcastically as my eyes widen a bit. "Just a question." I say and she scoffs. "Just not looking forward to meeting my new boss." She says and I frown. "Why not?" I ask.

"I heard he's a pretentious asshole." She says as I raise my eyebrows at her. "He's probably gonna tear me a new one." She says. "You never know. He could be understanding." I say and she scoffs. "With a name like Dean Smith, I doubt it. I'm sure he's a hard-ass." She says as my eyes widen. This woman is my new assistant.

"And 'Dean' to me, sounds like someone who gets a lot of women. The type of man who doesn't know how to keep it in his pants for more than a day." She says as I raise my eyebrows, a bit taken aback by her. "And that last name, Smith. Sounds more like a made up name for a teacher in a sitcom." She continues as I turn my head away, smirking knowingly.

The elevator dings and the doors open. "Well, I hope you survive your first day." I say to her, stepping out of the elevator. "Thanks." She says as she steps out. The two of us walk down the hallway, until we reach my office, where I stop at the door and take out my keys.

The door clicks as it unlocks and I turn my head to look at the woman, smirking. "Off course you're my new boss. Typical." She says but doesn't seem embarrassed. "I'll see you in my office now." I say, turning the knob and pulling the door open, holding it open for her first. "Thanks." She says as she walks in and I follow behind her.

"I'm not sorry about the things I said." She says and I nod. "I suspected that Ms..." I say waiting for her to finish and give me her last name. "Carter. Anastasia Carter." She tells me and I smile. "Beautiful name." I tell her. "Yeah, I like it." She says and I chuckle lowly. I think I'm going to have my hands full with this woman.

******

The day goes on normally as I type on my computer, take some calls and have meetings. Ana would come in every now and then with some papers for me to sign and she would file away some paperwork before working on her computer.