AFTERWORD

Comparing and contrasting Fisi and Eve's respective stories before bringing them into a singular storyline feels like it's taken forever to do. Maybe that's because it has; this team-up has spanned the course of 2+ years and was a real piece of work... but I'm proud to say that it has reached its climax at last. 

There's not much I can say about this dastardly duo that I haven't already said, but I'll try to add some more input. 

Let's start with Fisi. 

The Dark Celestial has grown, both in cunning and power, since the days when he was a frail old man hunting rare specimens for kicks. He is now a shrewd and formidable foe, having taken almost complete control of the scheme to merge the Bila ya Nyota with the Corporealm. He keeps both eyes wide open when it comes to Eve, however, as he knows that her plans don't necessarily align with his.

Eve, on the other hand, has meticulously planned every single step along her path to victory—her Trail of Triumph, as she calls it. She has impeccable patience that rarely falters, and her unshakeable confidence crosses into the territory of hubris—yet she doesn't take anyone or anything lightly. She continues to calculate her risks and rewards with fascinating accuracy, and even when she finds herself out-powered and subordinate to Fisi, she carries on with the unflappable surety of someone who knows exactly how things are going to play out.

These two characters don't seem like they'd work well together on the surface, but when they join forces... they are a force to be reckoned with.

Time for the usual.

CHAPTER I: This chapter picks up where "Tower, Pts

CHAPTER I: This chapter picks up where "Tower, Pts. I & II" leave off (as well as "Predators"). It's revealed that the place where the Dark Celestials exit the Bila ya Nyota is the same location where Fisi killed his three "friends", Alma Daval, the white lion, and Mbweha.

Kifaru is revealed to be fully cognizant, as his human side completely dominates his rhinoceros side. Tembo starts slow, but her humanity is brought to the surface in short order (thanks in part to her elephantine nature, as that part of her brain retained the memory and essence of her human side).

Eve mentions her "friend in the Middle East"; this is the client from "Assassin". He provides her and the Dark Celestials with black market firearms, just as he supplies Raptor.

Kifaru displays the ability to transform people into Masked Men—the same ability Fisi used on Ramiro in "Reunion". Kifaru is the only Dark Celestial who knew of that power, which is actually the source of the Celestion race (might cover that in a later story).

The scene with the Dark Celestials learning about the smartphone was funny to write. I enjoy a little silliness every now and then. However, it also shows them learning how to use their "erasure" ability for the first time. Little do they know that this incredible power will give their future foes fits for five frustrating years.