𝑿𝑿

_You have no idea how happy I am

I dropped my phone on the dining table contently after seeing Theresa's message from last night. I finally mustered up the courage to speak to her about joining the Discipleship class. She quickly gave me a number to text and while I hesitated to do so I ended up texting the number on WhatsApp before a telegram link was sent for me to join. The Shepherd of our November class, Shepherd Jerome, sent a message about having a video chat this evening.

“...last night.” I caught the end of my mother's sentence. She, as well as Ikenna who returned late last night without saying a word, Lael and Joe sat around the dining table for breakfast. Joe stopped by to check how we were faring, and also to drop some supplies that we may need for our stay. 

“What?” I questioned Lael sitting beside me with my mouth full of rice.

“She's asking what Dera was up to last night.” Leal shrugged, referring to our elder brother by his middle name, Chidera. “I've a nagging feeling in my gut that he's up to something.”

I swallowed my food. “Why? He looks normal to me. I think he's just stressed and needed some fresh air.”

“Then why is he just quiet?”

Ikenna got up. “I'm going out. Don't wait for me.” I held him by his elbow when he passed by me. “What's going on?” Ikenna tried a smile that seemed forced. “Nothing,” he kissed my forehead. “There's just something I need to handle.”

“I'm so glad to see you glowing this morning, Ify,” Joe said. “And you too Obi. I'm heading out as well, anything you want when I return?”

“Ice cream,” Lael said after a thought.

“Thank you but you've done enough for us already.” I didn't realize the edge to my tone until mom sent me a sharp look. “I mean, anything would be fine Joe.”

He nodded. Mom escorted him out.

“Rude.” Lael said. “I'm getting bored now.”

“Have you taken your medicine?”

“Yes, I have. What next?”

Well it was Saturday already. Mom told us earlier that we'll be spending another week in this place before going back to Idi Ishin. Ikenna is supposed to leave on Monday and we're being called back to school on the same day as well. There was something I really wanted to do but couldn't drag my sister along with me.

My phone pinged. Reading the message made me smile.

_Ken დ
_The field where we met. According to Google maps it's closer to where you are.
_Meet you there around noon.
_Can’t wait to see you ( ◜‿◝ )♡ 

We spent the rest of last night texting about random details so the urge to see him in person was overwhelming. When he brought the request I couldn't refuse. I don't know what he's planning but he says he has something to show me. The problem is I'm scared of leaving the house without permission. I'll have to come up with a decent excuse.

𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝒀𝑯𝑾𝑯On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara