CHAPTER-2

Hey beautiful people.

I'm back with the next chapter.

Did you guys liked the previous chapter?

Do vote and comment guys 🦋

Now let's start with our story.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

In a small dark room, a girl was sleeping on the mattress thrown on the floor despite of having space on the bed. Frowns and tiredness was easily visible on her face. At exactly 4 a.m., her sleep got broken and she instantly stood up like a machine and went to washroom for her morning business.

After doing that, she starting tidying up and sweeping all the rooms as well as living room and at last the room in which she was allowed to sleep. Yes, still at the age of 16, she did not have her own room. As her dadi thought that there is no need for that and by having her own room at this small age can spoil her. When daily routine of hers was done, sighing, she looked at her grandmother who was snoring loudly without any care of the world. She also desired to sleep till late and without any worry but alas all this was just a huge dream for her.

Without making any noise which can disturb her sleep, she took her clothes from the almirah and went to take shower. After a couple of minutes, she came out and panicked after seeing the time which was 15 past 6. Meanwhile, in that trance, she bolted the door a little loudly which broke the heavenly sleep of old lady. She abruptly opened her eyes and glared dangerously at the poor soul which scared her to death.

"Meera can't you do any work properly? Always making mistakes and being a burden on us. I was having such a good sleep and you broke it. Useless girl. Now, what are you doing standing here? Go, make the breakfast. And if I find any mistake in that then nobody can save you from my wrath. Huh!" Spatted Gayatri Rao at her granddaughter whose eyes welled up with tears after hearing such harsh words for such a small mistake.

It was nothing new for her. She doesn't even know that what is her mistake except being a girl . But still there was a little hope in Meera's heart that may be one day her dadi will accept her with her whole heart and will treat her same as her brother.

"You are still standing here. Didn't you hear me? Should I tell your father about your misbehaving?" Her grandmother again spoke.

"No no, sorry dadi, I was just going only. Do not tell papa please." Meera replied while joining her shaking hands and tear on the verge of falling down from beautiful siren eyes.

"Hm. Then it's okay. Acha leave it. Is water warm for my bath?"

"Ji ji dadi."

"Now, go and make breakfast. Today is my veer's first day in college. How fast Veer's growing. It's very special day for us. So make something sweet today." Gayatri Rao spoke giving her a side eye while entering washroom.

"Yes dadi. As you say." Meera replied in a sad and heartbroken voice. As nobody remembered that it was also her first day in high school after 10th boards.

Leaving the room, Meera walked towards kitchen to find her mother Amrita Rao making breakfast. Back hugging and kissing her left cheek, Meera greeted her.

"Why are you coming this late Meera? Didn't we told you to wake up early in the morning? How many times do I have to remind you? Huh? You can't be this much careless." Reprimanded Amrita at her daughter's careless behaviour.

"Mumma, by mistake I bolted the door a little loudly and with that voice dadi woke up and started shouted on me." Replied Meera in a small voice.

"Now what was that old lady shouting unnecessarily?" Spoke her mother in an irritable voice.