- YOU'RE OKAY . - bayverse ! donatello x reader having a panic attack

2014/2016 ! donatello x reader (can be see as romantic or platonic)

the lair was unusually quiet as you paced nervously across the room

the lair was unusually quiet as you paced nervously across the room. the silence was deafening, amplifying the sound of your erratic breathing. your chest tightened, and the familiar claws of panic gripped your heart. it was a storm you couldn't escape, and it was swallowing you whole.

unbeknownst to you, donatello had been quietly working on a project in the corner, his keen eyes noticing the subtle shift in your demeanor. when he looked up and saw you on the verge of a panic attack, he acted swiftly, the worry etched on his reptilian face.

"hey, hey, easy there," donnie said in a soothing tone, setting aside his work and approaching you cautiously.

he knew how to read the signs, having spent enough time observing and understanding each member of the team.

you tried to form words, but the anxiety constricted your throat, rendering you mute. donnie gently guided you to sit on a nearby couch, his calming presence a balm to your frayed nerves. he took a seat beside you, his eyes filled with concern.

"deep breaths, okay?" donnie suggested, his large, three-fingered hand lightly resting on your back. he mirrored the slow inhales and exhales, guiding you through the calming rhythm.

you followed his lead, the steady cadence of your breathing syncing with his. donnie's touch was a lifeline, grounding you in the swirling chaos within. the quiet assurance of his presence was a stark contrast to the turbulence in your mind.

as the minutes passed, the grip of panic began to loosen its hold. you glanced at donnie, gratitude and embarrassment mingling in your eyes. he offered a gentle smile, understanding the vulnerability of the moment.

"take your time," he whispered, his voice a soft reassurance. "you're safe here."

with each passing moment, the weight on your chest began to lift, replaced by a sense of calm. donnie remained by your side, offering silent support as you gradually regained control over your breathing. the lair, once filled with an air of tension, now felt like a haven of understanding and acceptance.

"donnie," you finally spoke, your voice still shaky but gaining strength. "i... i don't know what happened. it just hit me."

donnie nodded understandingly, his gaze never leaving yours. "panic attacks can be like that. they don't always come with a warning. it's okay, though. you're not alone."

he spoke with a sincerity that resonated deep within you. the mutant turtle had a way of making you feel seen and heard, his analytical mind combined with genuine compassion creating a unique blend of comfort.

"thanks," you whispered, offering a small smile. "i appreciate you being here."

donnie returned the smile, his hazel eyes warm and reassuring. "anytime. we're a team, after all."