NAMJIN

TO DEVOUR

OMEGAVERSE. It was a time when the secondary sex was discovered years ago. This was when humanity was almost wiped out for extinction. The world government became provocative in finding a solution which resulted in the discovery of the secondary sex which consists of alpha, beta and the omega.

The alpha consisted of people belonging to the top of the hierarchy that produced promising results. The beta are the ones who get to live a normal life while the omega are the ones whose true purpose was to bear children regarding of their primary sex.

It was only the alpha and the omega get to experience a monthly phenomenon called heat. It was when these secondary sexes excrete pheromones attracting to one another in order to mate. Only an alpha and an omega get to become a fated pair with consent and the traditional marking.

"Ah man! Kim Namjoon did it again!"

It was late in the afternoon where Kim Namjoon was greeted by a warm welcome in the office. It has been said that they were able to close the deal due to his remarkable marketing and communication skills. Everyone cheered and clapped for him as he waved and thanked each and every one.

"As expected for an alpha!"

Kim Namjoon was the head of the Sales Department in one of the most prestigious tech companies in the entire Korean industry. He was only around 23 when he got in. His skills, progress and outcomes were examples of what makes a great alpha; there's no role model better than him would come to mind.

'What a load of crap.'

Kim Seokjin thought as he peeked past his monitor to see a smiling Namjoon being friendly with their boss. He sighed and crouched down proceeding with his work. He didn't want to pay any more attention to it; he wanted to focus on the task at hand.

He hated Kim Namjoon with every fiber of his being. He hated how he was a top-tier alpha, and he wasn't. Unlike him, Seokjin would have been mistaken for an omega due to his timid and gloomy vibes. He never stood out from the crowd but does his work diligently so he wasn't frequently scolded. However, he was paid little attention to. It was only Kim Namjoon that was ever friendly with him.

"Seokjin hyung!" He greeted.

Seokjin glared at him in return and sighed. "You know... it's fine if you don't call me hyung."

"But... you are my hyung."

"Which is why-"

Seokjin groaned. He didn't like the thought of someone that was way younger than him and addresses him as hyung when he was just a subordinate. It felt quite weird and it made him uncomfortable when people address him older but he wasn't promoted to a higher position yet.

"Hey! We're going to get drinks! Namjoon, you should totally come."

"Ehhh??? Sure! As long as Seokjin hyung is coming, I don't see why not."

Seokjin shrieked in his seat and looked at their colleagues forcing a smile that started inviting him. He knew that he was a complete eyesore and that no one wanted to even invite him to mixers or drinks after office. He wasn't the exact sociable type with his hair reaching down his neck and thick glasses blocking his face all the time; he knew he liked boring but it had always been peaceful.

Hours later, Seokjin found himself drinking at the local bar. A beer in his hand and only thoughts of wanting to go home and that this night could end faster. As expected, no one even tried to bother him to talk. He wanted to socialize; he really did, however, he didn't want everyone to realize his secondary sex especially in gatherings like these.