5

BACK TO PRESENT

Wonyoung has liked Sunghoon for a long time. She was interested in him ever since February 2023, but does Sunghoon like her? Probably not, they're not even close. Plus, they barely talk. They've only talked to each other once, and they're silent.

TIMESKIP (HOME TIME)

Wonyoung walked out of the school and headed to the street market near the school to buy some snacks, as she was paying for the snacks. She noticed that Sunghoon was beside her, her cheeks immediately heated up and she took a few steps away from him. She wanted to get closer, but Sunghoon might get uncomfortable.

She bought her snacks and headed home, "Aish Park Sunghoon! Why are you so attractive?!" She asked herself.

NIGHTTIME
(at home)

Wonyoung is laying down on her bed as usual, doing nothing. She just finished her math homework, her room was abit messy. Suddenly, her dad barged into her room.

"Wonyoung-a! Didn't I tell you to clean your room yesterday? Why didn't you clean up? Look at all of this mess!" Her dad yelled and threw some trash at his daughter.

Wonyoung stood there, frozen. "A-appa, I'm sorry." Wonyoung apologized, "Sorry? All you say is sorry, sorry and sorry. Do you realize what is your mistake? YOU'RE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT, JANG WONYOUNG." Her dad yelled.

Wonyoung felt her heart broke into pieces, "stay calm Wonyoung, he's lying, you're not a disappointment. Right?" She tried calming herself down. Suddenly, her dad threw a thick book at his daughter. Forming a bruise on her cheek.

"You never listen to me, Jang Wonyoung. DO YOU THINK THIS WORLD IS ONLY ABOUT YOU?! ALL I ASKED IS TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM, JANG WONYOUNG. CLEAN.YOUR.ROOM, why is that so hard to do? YOU'RE SO UNGRATEFUL, WONYOUNG." Her dad yelled again, tears started to form in Wonyoung's eyes.

"A-appa, I didn't made a mess on purpose. I-I'll clean up right awa-" Wonyoung's dad slapped her on the cheek and took out a hanger. "YOU SHOULD'VE CLEANED YOUR ROOM EARLIER." His dad yelled and starts beating Wonyoung up with the hanger. Wonyoung screamed in pain and begged her dad for forgiveness.

"A-appa, I'm sorry! P-please don't do this!" She begged, her dad kicked her hard in the face and choked her. "You're so ungrateful, Wonyoung." Said her dad, her dad stepped on his daughter's stomach and kicked the back of her head. Making her faint.

"What did I do to
deserve this?"
"You should've listened
to him, Jang Wonyoung..."
"You should've cleaned your
room earlier..."

⁽⁠⁽⁠ଘ⁠(⁠ ⁠ˊ⁠ᵕ⁠ˋ⁠ ⁠)⁠ଓ⁠⁾⁠⁾

23 November 202#

Wonyoung came to school late, some students wondered why she was late since she was usually the first student to come to class. Students also noticed that she was wearing an eye patch and had bruises all over her neck, what happened to Wonyoung?!

"Yah! Wony-ssi, what happened to you?" Rei asked. "Nothing, just a little bruise." Said Wonyoung, but the bruises were too obvious, it wasn't little.
"Are you sure, Wonyoung?" Yujin asked, Wonyoung nodded and forced a smile.

"I'm fine, you're fine,
Jang Wonyoung."

Lunchtime

Yujin and Rei talked to each other and Wonyoung stayed silent, "Yah! Wonyoung-ssi! You should eat your food before it gets cold." Said Rei, Wonyoung sighed and forced herself to eat.

"I'm not hungry, Rei-ssi."

Wonyoung started to overthink about the last night's incident and continued to eat her food. Tears started to flow out of her eyes as she remembered the negative words that her dad said.

"You're such a disappointment."
"You're so ungrateful."

"Jang Wonyoung... Stay calm, hold back your tears..." Wonyoung thought to herself, but she couldn't hold back her tears. Which caught her friends attention.

"Wonyoung! Are you okay? What's wrong?" Yujin asked, both of them looked at her, worried. "Why are you crying?" Rei asked, both of them were too concerned about Wonyoung.

"I-I'm okay..." Said Wonyoung, but it was obvious that she wasn't. Her eyes were red and swollen. "Wonyoung, if you have anything to talk about. Just let it out to us." Said Rei, Wonyoung immediately got up and walked away.

"Yah! What's wrong with you, Wonyoung?" Yujin asked, but Wonyoung ignored her and kept walking.
"I need a better comfort..."

Wonyoung headed to her destination, which is the COUNSELING OFFICE. She knocked and sat on a chair. Suddenly, someone opened the door and walked out of the office, and that person was PARK SUNGHOON.

"P-Park Sunghoon?! Aish... What is he doing here?!" She panicked, she immediately wiped her tears and looked away. Suddenly, Wonyoung felt a gentle tap on her shoulder, she turned around to see her crush standing beside her.

"Wonyoung-ssi, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Sunghoon asked, "M-me? Crying? I-I'm not crying..." Wonyoung replied, "Your eyes are red though, is there anything that you want to talk about?" Sunghoon asked. Wonyoung's cheeks started to heat up and her cheeks turned red.

"N-nothing..." Wonyoung replied, Sunghoon sat beside her and patted her head. "Were you bullied? Did a boy made you feel uncomfortable?" He continued to ask, Wonyoung shook her head and turned her head to Sunghoon, making a sudden eye contact. Wonyoung immediately looked away and blushed.

"Yah... You can tell me anything, you know? I'm always here if you need me." Said Sunghoon, Wonyoung nodded and stared at Sunghoon as he got up from his seat. "I'll let you know when the teacher is done with her work, I'm only here to help her." Said Sunghoon, Wonyoung nodded and smiled.

"DID I JUST HAD AN ACTUAL CONVERSATION WITH SUNGHOON?!?! OOOHHH MYYY GOSHHH!!" Wonyoung blushed and cupped her cheeks.

"Maybe I wasn't always
the second choice."

Wonyoung wiped her tears and blushed, she turned around to see if Sunghoon had come out of the office. But she found Sunghoon leaning on the door, grinning as he stared at Wonyoung. Wonyoung immediately looked away and blushed in embarrassment.

"WHY WAS HE LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!!
HE LOOKS SO HOT WHEN HE'S GRINNING!!!!" Wonyoung thought to herself and blushed hardly, her cheeks became really red. Suddenly, she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder that was similar to the tap she felt earlier. She turned around to see Sunghoon again. "The teacher is finished with her work now, you can go in now." He said with a smile, Wonyoung smiled and thanked him.

As Wonyoung walked away, Sunghoon felt his cheeks heating up and butterflies in his stomach.

"Why do I feel something
in my stomach? Am I falling
In love with Wonyoung...?"

To be continued...

I can't show you my all, right from the start
It's okay to make you curious
Curious enough to make you crazy.
- Just A Feeling by S.E.S