Chapter 6

HIII GUYS

IM BACK WITH A SPEEDY CHAPTER

dw this one will actually be fun :D

I had this moment of panic bc wattpad decided to log me out and I fOrGoT mY pAsSwOrD D:

so i had to change it and recover my acc back

i was worried i wouldnt be able to continue the story bc of that dilemma but its okay because im back :DD

anyway,

________________________________________________________________________________

Scar sat down on the roof of a building. His leg was bothering him slightly, and the robotic legs weren't making the process of moving any easier. He felt the nice breeze blow through his brown curls, the sun beaming down on him from above.

It felt good to breathe fresh air again.

But he didn't like the fact that he had to be outside. He still felt sick to his stomach after his encounter with the Avians two days ago. He had given himself the day he was healed to rest.

Something in the corner of his eye appeared, then disappeared. He stood up, looking at where he had seen it, but all that was left was sparks of glowing purple light, floating and fading away. There was some sort of tension in the air and Scar didn't like it. He pressed a few buttons on the side of his visor that allowed him to see the different types of creatures nearby, but all of them seemed to be human.

Mostly human, at least. Scar's tech wasn't able to detect a lot of features like his unique ear shape or any patterns that didn't have features of a different creature. For example, Scar found out randomly one day that it was a lot easier to detect his coworker Tango, who's hair was literal fire, out of a crowd. Certain levels of how much 'mutant' you had could also be detected. Tango was 70% mutant, so easier for his visor to detect. Scar was only 10%, only because of his ears. Certain mutants were able to block what Scar's visor could see. Even as an Avian, Cuteguy was able to completely mask the mutant detection for Scar's visor all of the time. It made for a nice cover when Cuteguy would need to mask his identity in real life, but it wasn't good for the government, who had to work even harder to make some sort of tech the Emerald Soldiers could use. Cuteguy's feathered mask also made it 10x harder to track him, which was something Scar knew from experience.

Speaking of feathers...

Scar's visor sensed an Avian amidst the crowd. After running across a few buildings and taking a closer look, he realized the particular Avian was walking alongside Cuteguy. His face, like Cuteguy, had a mask of dark yellow feathers. A few feathers were scattered and buried amongst his blond waves of hair.

Strange.

He had never seen Cuteguy hang out with this man, nonetheless with literally anyone.

Cuteguy was a very independent person, basically refusing to obtain help from anyone. Perhaps the two were on some sort of special mission?

But despite Scar's best efforts, he couldn't track the identity of the second Avian. Perhaps Cuteguy had taught the other Avian how to mask his face? Or perhaps there was something else going on in the Nexus?

Scar shook his head wildly. What was wrong with him?

He shouldn't be so fast to make such assumptions about the Nexus. He was under such a strong influence from Cuteguy, when he was meant to be following orders from his boss.

Scar stopped, his face suddenly flushed. Was he only starting to get under the influence of Cuteguy only because of a crush...?

No. That couldn't be. He couldn't abandon one of his lifelong dreams of being an Emerald Soldier. What a stupid thought. He was meant to hate Cuteguy. He was meant to despise Cuteguy. That's what all of the other Soldiers thought, because that was their job.

Why did Scar not feel the same?

Only because of a stupid crush?

What a dumb excuse.

Scar wanted to go down there and talk to Cuteguy and his Avian buddy. He wanted to, it was almost like there was a magnet between the two of them, they always somehow stumbled across one another on their missions... or whatever Cuteguy did for his hero job.

But he couldn't. His heart hurt too much. He felt so incredibly terrible for what had happened, he couldn't bear the pain of seeing Cuteguy tell him off again.

All of the sudden, something tore through the air behind him, knocking Scar's legs into the air and he almost fell off the 5 story tall roof, down to his sweet demise.

That's what would've happened until he felt a hard tug on the back of his shirt. Someone had tripped him and then caught him before he tumbled down to his demise.

"You were really daydreaming there, weren't you? Poor little hero off in his own little world."

The voice recognition in his brain immediately clicked on.

Cuteguy.

________________________________________________________________________________

! 761 words !

GUYS THE NEXT CHAPTER WONT BE A SPECIFIC POV ITS JUST GONNA BE BASED OFF OF HEADCANONS BUT IF I DO SO SAY MYSELF IT IS LOOKING QUITE ANGSTY

HAVE A LOVELY DAY YOU LOVELY PEEPS <3