Chapter 8

________________________________________________________________________________

Grian knew that Hotguy would be able to detect Jimmy from miles away. It was something he had learned from simple observation.

"...pretty bird." It was an awkward acknowledgement of Grian's presence. He must've been sensitive and hesitant from their interactions from the other day.

Grian couldn't blame him. He himself was pissed that day, after all. He gently pulled Hotguy up away from almost certain death.

The emerald soldier took a second to recenter himself, dusting himself off. After a few moments of silence, the broad-shouldered man turned to face Grian, who had his arms crossed. "Well?" Grian asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean 'well'?"

"I just saved your life. Aren't you supposed to be thanking me like you stupid humans do?"

"You also almost killed me."

"But you didn't die."

Hotguy ignored Grian's statement, looking around attentively. "Where's the other guy?"

"Keen as always, I see." Hotguy's eyes slowly came back to Grian. "I told him to stay down there. He's not a part of Nexus."

Hotguy's expression softened slightly, but not much. "And what are you doing here?"

"I just thought I'd stop by and say hi. What, did you think I was just gonna stop seeing you altogether forever?"

Hotguy opened his mouth to speak, then closed it. The silence in the air spoke volumes.

Grian then realized he may have said the wrong thing. "Well," he said, trying to bring his words back together, "I wasn't. As you can clearly see." He said awkwardly.

God, why was he suddenly extremely bad at trying to reassure people? Grian normally had a hard time, unless it was a small child, but if it was an adult that was visibly upset, there were no guarantees that he would be able to help without a shadow of discomfort.

The blond cleared his throat, about to say something. Before he could say anything, Hotguy spoke. "No, don't say you're sorry." His voice wasn't stern, but it was firm. "What happened the other day was my fault. I shouldn't have done that."

Grian regained focus of what he was doing and what he was meant to say. "I wasn't going to apologize." He snapped, but after seeing Hotguy recoil, he quickly added, "...but I do understand how you feel."

Hotguy silently gave a small nod, and Grian suddenly snapped out of his thoughts. The reason he had come here, how could he forget?

"Oh, shoot. Sorry about the sudden change in conversation, but... do you know where that Avian we saw the other day is?"

Hotguy paused, regaining his composure. "I would think to ask you if I wanted that information." He responded calmly, slight confusion written across his expression. "I would be the last person to ask."

"Oh." Grian said, trying his best not to sound disappointed. "Well, alright. See you, then."

"See you." Hotguy said, and the two of them locked eyes in a moment of seriousness and professionalism before Cuteguy shifted his glance and lept from the building, wings spreading as if to manipulate the wind to his own desire.

Or so it seemed, at least to Hotguy. Or maybe it was just his imagination, also taking flight.

________________________________________________________________________________

ITS A MIRACLE, IVE RETURNED

HELLO ALL

IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN CORRUPT WITH WRITERS BLOCK FOR SO LONG

ITS BEEN LIKE 3 MONTHS IM GENUINELY SO SORRY

ILL TRY TO POST MORE OFTEN KJASHFAJEKFHASJKF

Thank you all for being patient, thankfully I'm done with school which should result in more posting of chapters!

I have yet to talk about Grian and Scar's regular day-to-day life but we'll get there eventually :')

I have a surprise for next chapter btw, so Ill see you then ;)