Chapter One

Authors Note:

Before we start I just want to state that I haven't played any of the cod games, I have seen clips of scenes more between Soap and Ghost rather than the whole story line. Some things may be canon while others may not, Things are going to be incorrect but I'm going to try my best to write, I'm not familiar with military codes or the military setting in general. I'll be googling things as I go along, if I get something wrong please let me know!

The male OC is based loosely on Wrench from Watch Dogs, the male OC is probably going to be on the overpowered side if that bothers you please don't read! this story includes a romance with the main male OC and ghost, smut may be included, and ghost/male OC are both verses!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain fell from the dark sky, what once started as a drizzle had turned into an outright downfall faster than Shade would have predicted. Their fingers tapped at the keyboard quicker as fat raindrops ran down the screen and danced along the lines of the keyboard. An angry clash of thunder causes him to let out a frustrated groan as he slams close the laptop nearly forgetting just how close he is to enemy territory, Shade adjusts his position on the old oak tree branch, it protested with a creak every time that he had moved but he wasn't worried about being spotted from the noise. Shade moves the large pack from his back sliding the laptop firmly in place before taking out an energy bar. The old oak tree had given plenty of cover without blocking his view of the small train station, the tracks were covered in a thick layer of corrosion breaking apart at certain parts of the track.

Shade wiped at the electronic mask that kept his face hidden, the water wouldn't affect any of the electronics inside, he had built the mask to be sturdy to be able to withstand the weather and stand in a fight however that didn't stop the raindrops from making the camera that was permitting him to see from blurring. He let out another frustrated sigh as he pulled up the hood to his hoodie, The snug bulletproof vest moved ever so slightly against the pull of the fabric, Shade turned his attention to the train station again and used the camera in his mask to zoom in, he counted at least five enemy soldiers that were patrolling the area. He could make out that some of them were talking but couldn't tell what, Shade picked up the headset around his neck and adjusted it properly around his head. The microphone was muted and pushed out of the way as usual. Shade used his mask to slowly hack into enemy communications, it was a little more difficult without the use of the computer but it wasn't impossible.

"We need to get a move on, what's taking so long?" An annoyed voice came through the headset, an enemy soldier stopped at the entrance of the small building, and they physically flinched upon hearing the voice.

"Rupture is still working on the bomb sir" Replied the intimated soldier. What came next was a scolding that Shade half listened in to.

'A bomb? Final some interesting work'

Shade thought to himself as he opened the energy bar, He lifted his mask it made a slight hissing noise as the pressure inside was released, from habit he tilted his head down using the mask to still block his face as he ate. The voice of the commander was starting to bother him, they seemed fully intent on scolding the lower-ranked soldier for a while. He sighed reaching up and firmly tapping the side of his headset a couple of times to leave their communications. It was useless to keep listening in, a few seconds later half an energy bar gone another voice spoke through his headset startling him.

"Keep watch boys, we don't know what we are dealing with"

"Alright"

"Aye"