Chapter Three

Authors Note: Please read with caution this story is going to have some dark theme.
Trigger Warnings: Drug mention, Overdose, Dead body from overdose, Talk/scenes with drugs, (Could be missing some, Please read with caution)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shade pants heavily as he slows to a stop behind a collapsed building, He looks around from both sides for Ghost but doesn't see or hear anything. He laughs slightly between heavy breaths as he finally lost the persistent man. Shade probably could have lost Ghost a lot sooner but he kept throwing taunts at the man as he ran for his life.

"Damn" He spoke in a light low tone with a smile on his face despite the present burning sensation in his lungs that begged for more air. Shade lifts a hand pushs his hood back letting the breeze drift through his sweaty thick black hair, He glances around once more listening for approaching footsteps before taking off his mask for just a few seconds. The smile stayed on his face the whole time as he thought about the encounter over and over again.

'Why am I...?' He questioned himself as a shaky hand lifted his mask back into place, Shade stared at his shaking hands in confusion, he tried willing them to stop but that only made them shake more.

'Adrenaline...' Shade identified it after a few seconds but was still confused as to why he was having an adrenaline rush. He opened and closed his hands a few times, the burning in his lungs dulled to a small ache as Shade did a few breathing exercises to calm down.

'I've been chased before...' He thought about it some more once he calmed down, Shade had been chased plenty of times in the past and present more times than he could count yet he couldn't recall a chase ever feeling this...

'Thrilling!' Shade's body shook a little more as he stood up off the ground, he couldn't recall ever sitting down but didn't think much of it as he looked around half expecting Ghost to jump out of the shadows at him, Shade didn't realize it until now that part of him wanted to keep running with Ghost, that a part of him wanted Ghost to catch him.

'Would he use one of those...sharp knives? Would he zip-tie my hands together tight enough t-' Shade's thought cut off as something sharp poked at the thumb on his left hand, He spun around quickly holding the knife up threateningly at his empty surroundings then it dawned on him that he wasn't just holding one of his knives, he was holding Ghost's knife, Shade ran his gloved hand lightly down the blade. Once again, he couldn't remember pulling the knife out.

'Didn't I put it in my bag?' Shade didn't think about it much longer, he ran a thumb gently along the blade of the knife, it was still as sharp as he remembered causing him to shiver, Shade then realized he wanted to feel the blade, not just the blade, the bite of the blade. He lifted his black glove a bit and positioned the knife with shaking hands just a moment before he could add pressure Talon lands on his outstretched hand snapping him out of it.

"Talon?" Shade says slowly in a bit of a daze, he drops the knife not caring where it landed as he focuses on the raven. He brings his hand that Talon perched on closer as he examines the bird closely for any injuries, Shade uses his free hand to gently lift the black wings as he carefully inspects each wing and a few suspicious-looking feathers, Talon moves a little uncomfortably but doesn't fight Shade.

"You'll be shedding some feathers soon, it's about time you find a mate" He jokes lightly poking at the Talon's chest earning a few playful bites and caws in response, whatever spell he was under had passed as Shade forced the confusing and dark thoughts away to focus solely on Talon.

"Let's find a place to settle down" Shade lifted his hand to let Talon climb onto his shoulder, He walked a little distance away from the crumbling building and the knife but soon found himself back behind the building again. He stared down at the black knife, it was still unfolded lying at an angle on the ground, the sun that was currently setting reflected off the blade. Shade could see part of his reflection on the knife his masked reflection reflected (? ?) back at him before turning into (@ @). The little skull on the knife stared up at him, the longer Shade stared at it the more he swore he could see a frown form on it, He mumbles out a fuck as he bends down closing the blade and missing the way his mask emoticons changed as he pocked it.